how do you find out which device connected tothe router is using data
geidaho

I have several pcs connected to my router -- I need to know which one is using the bulk of my data - probably some background update task I don't understand  - how can I see data usage by wifi connected device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do you find out which device connected tothe router is using data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

geidaho, I apologize. For security and privacy purposes, we're unable to view what devices you have connected to that router.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: how do you find out which device connected tothe router is using data
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>how can I see data usage by wifi connected device?

Monitoring from the home router requires monitoring software on that device.  The VZW 4G LTE router does not come with such a monitoring feature.  Thus to include true monitoring of your devices you would have to setup a 2nd home router on your network that does and funnel all your traffic through that device before hitting the 4G LTE router.  There are many open source examples that can provide you with this functionality, but they require reloading a store bought home router with custom firmware like Shibby Tomato.

The conversation travels away from what most people on the forums here can assist you with and you must look for assistance from the custom firmware community to continue.

Otherwise if your goal is to monitor data usage on each individual device (assuming you own all the devices in question) then there are often several OS based data monitors that you can install.  For example on Windows I have used a product called Glasswire that is very intuitive for users.  However, every OS is going to have different solutions so individual data monitors quickly become a problem as you add more devices to your environment.

0 Likes