Re: 25GB Free Cloud Expiring
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Janelle, back in November I did respond to the notification so yes I was indeed lead to believe I was subscribing to cloud storage and my storage was removed anyway.

Back in November I noticed that notification at the top of my phone, that my cloud storage was expiring mid December. I was paying $73 for a package deal. At no time did anyone state this storage was a promo, temporary. I got on chat support and he explained that plan was no longer offered. For $64 I could go from 3G to 5G of storage on a new plan. I asked flat out, does the price increase? Does the storage expire? To both he replied no.

In January the bill increased  to $68 and this morning I woke to one of those notification messages stating that my storage had been deleted and when clicking on it they want $9.99 to add storage to include data other than my contacts.

I responded to the notice, was grateful to receive a better plan, did not make a stink about the increase of $4 after only a month and had my storage deleted anyway.  You are now the second person to reference "a charge on the bill". So is that it? Buyer be aware? One must have known to look for a separate line? Look, I get it, you work for a company and this is your training but this is no way for a company to maintain a loyal customer.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

I noticed that this post was still floating around and still getting responses.  Decided to check out my Verizon cloud out of curiosity and noticed that ALL my photos and whatnot had been deleted.  Which is fine because I use Google to back up important things, they don't charge me.

But when I did log into my account I noticed that my line and my wife's line both list FREE 25GB cloud storage.  Has the start date, and expiration date says NONE. Must just be a mis-print.... smh

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi EvL70, 

I want to eliminate any confusion about the Verizon Cloud. Let's take a closer look into this. When your wife logs in, is she able to see her pictures? Have you or your wife received any messages from Verizon Wireless about your Cloud content? I have a reference for you to review. Please click on this link and reference number 1 under "Verizon Cloud Changes/Updates." 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@KISSATEK

I understand your frustrations with this Verizon Cloud issue. I want to ensure you have the right Cloud service on your account. You previously mentioned paying $73 for a package deal. Was this for the Verizon Cloud service? We have a 500GB option for only $5.00 per month and a 1TB option for only $9.99 per month, per line. What was the $73 charge for? We do not have a Cloud feature for this amount.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anthony, the $73 was the monthly charge I was paying after my devices were paid. I have reviewed the bills and there is no breakdown that specifies cloud storage. It only states medium 3G plan. I got a notification that stated my cloud would be deleted mid December. No email as some support members have stated on the community.  I have been writing this occured in November but after reviewing my bills realize I was mistaken and it was instead October. I went to the Verizon chat support and the support member informed me that the plan I was contracted with was being phased out and that I could switch to a current plan. He quoted the price and stated it would include 5G of storage. The plan according to my bill is labeled plan single smartphone. Again, no line about storage. I asked about this plan expiring, I asked about the storage expiring and he assured me this was a new plan not due to expire.  Yesterday I received another notification, not an email stating my cloud had been deleted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification of the charges you were referring to, KISSATEK. The cloud is an added feature billed separately that is not part of the plan. We have sent an email and/or notifications in advance for users to take action to save their content offline or upgrade their storage by a specific date before their content is deleted. Here's a link that gives a similar notification but with an earlier date; but the message means the same thing http://vz.to/2rxkDe9 . Unless the information was acted upon by the user, the content was deleted sometime afterward without a way to recover. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused with your content being deleted.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Edwin, when I signed up for the original plan it contained certain features. There was no indication that any of those features was temporary. I reacted to the notification, I was sold a new plan and I asked if the features would change. After being told they would not my cloud was deleted.

Reading this and other accounts  where people are stating their features were itemized and they do have either expiration dates far into the future or being marked as none it is clear that Verizon has decided to pull that feature if one does not agree to pay more money. Maybe Verizon should state they have the right to change your plan, pull whatever feature and then charge you should you decide to keep that feature. Consumers be warned.

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Look, I'd like to add this. People use that storage for various reasons. I used it as peace of mind.  I allowed the content the rep set up to be backed up. Should something happen to my phone I had the backup going every hour. I maintained it clearing it out periodically once I had moved my documents and pictures to a safer location. I no longer have peace of mind with the service I am paying good money for.

0 Likes
EvlNvrDys
Contributor - Level 1

There is no confusion whatsoever. 1st off, the link you supplied gave me an "unexpected error" so I could not view it.

Yes I did receive text messages and emails, but I did not care about them.  There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for me to pay for services from Verizon that I can get from Google for free.  Yes, Google allows me to back up my pics, and also give me Navigation without the need to pay for stupid things like Verizon Nav or Verizon Cloud. So I'm just fine with using Google's services.  My post was to show that My Account page still showed that I and my wife should still have the 25GB free storage, but whatever.

And lastly, I'm not sure if it's free or there is a charge, but how about Verizon allows people with Galaxy S phones to use Samsung Cloud!  Stop telling us which apps we can and can not use.  The more you take away from us, the more we consider options like AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, MVNO's.

LEYSAM54
Enthusiast - Level 1

interested in what your results are on this. 

0 Likes