Accessing Text Messages On Verizon Cloud
JENHOW46
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you access old text messages that were synced to your verizon cloud (from an old phone)?  The only messages I am able to see are the text messages that are currently on my newest phone.

Labels (1)
Re: Accessing Text Messages On Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENHOW46, we know how important it is to be able to access your backup. We are happy to explain viewing old messages. Messages backed up on Verizon Cloud cannot be viewed online. However, once you enroll in Verizon Intergraded Messages, text going forward from that point would be available to view online. It sounds like you recently enrolled in that feature when trying to view your messages online, so in the future they will be available to see there.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENHOW46
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the point of uploading text messages to the cloud if I'm not able

to view them?

On Jan 28, 2017 4:19 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENHOW46,

The Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1LFb4XL is a great service to help back up your phone. I would be lost without my backup. The Verizon Cloud feature is designed to help protect your information in case something happens to your device. This will allow you to transfer the old content to a new phone and not lose any information. Verizon Messages http://vz.to/2bz1dOv is a great feature that uses integrated messages and allows you to use messages online and on other devices.

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ellenj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried this.  I moved from one phone to another.  The cloud backup mostly saved my contacts (text yes; pictures NO).  But it did not restore my text messages.  When I went to the cloud on my laptop,  it let me VIEW my contacts.  BUT, it did not let me view my messages.  And, it DID NOT restore them to my phone.  BUT, it said that it I "could view them on the phone". 

What a complete waste of time & effort. 

It does NOT back up text messages.  Thankfully, I don't keep anything important in text messages.  I really wish you people would get your facts straight, or your backups to actually function. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to consider a third party application from the Google Play Store to backup and restore your text messages instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

E_W_G
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do not trust the My Verizon Cloud app to back up your data, specifically Text messages.  It does nothing more than mirror your phone.  If you delete messages they are deleted from the "back up" and you will not be able to restore them.  Here is a long conversation I had with Verizon:

What is the process for retrieving backed up items, other than pictures, video and music, from the MyVerizon "cloud"? I am specifically looking to replace text messaged that were backed up but have been accidentally deleted from the phone.

We will look into this further. Please verify your phone number and the Account Password.

XXXXXXXXX

Thanks! I saw 18 items in your trash that I was able to restore. Were any of the needed texts included? 

I have not noticed anything restored..... how long does it take to restore to the phone? Specifically I was looking for a message string that dated back over two years and included messages between me and a contact I believe that the messages were deleted about two weeks ago

Please try syncing with your Cloud, as I've initiated the request to have the content restored, any available content should restore once attempted.

ok... found it...

That's good to hear, any success on the messages in question? 

it says restore complete but all it did was restore messages from yesterday, I need messages that were backed up last week.

Thank you for clarifying. As the messages in question were not able to be restored, I believe the court ordered subpoena would be able to get this resolved. 

If I am not involved in a law suit how do I get a subpoena? And why is that necessary to retrieve my own personal messages, particularly when I was using a system to back them up that I thought I could trust. Isn't that what a backup is for?
Why do I need to court order the restore of my own personal files to my own personal device?
Ludicrous

I apologize for any trouble caused with this issue. As the information was deleted, you would need the court order to retrieve those text messages. If this is for a legal matter, your attorney would be able to assist you with this process.
Let us know if you have any other questions

This is not for a legal matter it is for my own information to refer to. AND, what difference should that make? I had been using a data backup system, that I thought was legit and now turns out to be a scam. It did NOT back up my data and because of that I have lost valuable information. I believe that Verizon and, specifically the MyVerizon cloud app is responsible for that lost data and is now keeping me from restoring it.

As the content is no longer on the device or Cloud, those messages cannot be restored without a court order.

So the My Verizon cloud app is not a legitimate back up service
My online research seems to predict that Verizon will not restore those messages unless I am involved in a criminal legal battle, Can yo confirm that I would be able to get them restored else wise?

The services are certainly reliable, I apologize this occurred.
I can confirm that it'd be up to a court order to restore this content as it is outside of Customer Cares reach at this point.

SO... I refer to my initial posting... the My Verizon Cloud backup is not reliable. It is not actually backing up anything, it is only mirroring the phone.