All pictures deleted from cloud service
STATRI92
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was shocked to learn today while trying to pull up a picture from my cloud, to see that i no longer had access to the verizon cloud. I was FLOORED to find out that my could service was terminated and that all of my pictures were lost forever. 11 years worth of pictures were gone without any notification. When talking to a representative, i was told that an email was sent to the account holder, which is not me. Why could you not email everyone on the account, or send a push notification like i frequently get from verizon? A phone call, something to make sure the message got to me???? It's absolutely crazy to think that you deleted all of my content without any direct notification to me, not just the account holder. When asking a representative how they could just end my service without a notification i was told "terms are subject to change". That's seriously a response to a person who just lost 11 years of precious memories with no idea he was being robbed of those memories? Unbelievable.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: All pictures deleted from cloud service
PAPILLON24K
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just read that Verizon 'told us to back up evcerything' because of the change...I do not remember them sending anything and if it were in the bill, they should have highlighted it! The damn company text me every other week abpiy charges or me going over my plan, you would think they would have sent out a mass text to everyone! I'm very upset because there were some pictures of my family and my son growing up! I'm tho king of getting a lawyer since there are so many that did not know about this!

HumbleBea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the notification overnight that my cloud account was deleted EXCEPT FOR CONTACTS.  I can find no   record that I was notified ahead of time that this was going to happen.  The fact that no prior notification came to alert us this was coming and on what date annoys me.  Shows a real lack of customer service or concern. - This doesn't personally affect me as much as some since I regularly upload documents and photos to my computer but it still seems arbitrary and the lack of properly alerting customers does not seem like a good company policy and does seem like a company management problem. - My husband and I will keep this in mind when we next discuss changing providers.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use a cloud service that isn't tied to your carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you had files/pictures stored on the Verizon Cloud, you can sign up for the 30-day trial of the 500GB service and should be able to get access to your stored content and download it. If it is not there then you should call 800-922-0204 or *611 and they should be able to get it restored if it is within 30 days.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how much the media on my Verizon Cloud means to me HumbleBea, so we always want to be sure your media is safe. Our Verizon Cloud is changing, and we did send notices to our customers who were impacted by this change. The Verizon Cloud is changing to a paid, premium media storage service. Our customers with free media storage will be required to either upgrade to a premium paid option, or remove their media before their account is deleted. As indicated, you can continue to use the Verizon Cloud app to store your contacts free of charge. Here is a link with the details: http://spr.ly/6586DTQc8 We are also happy to take a closer look. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CCRASH92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its time for a class action lawsuit

jav6
Champion - Level 3

For something that was free and discontinued?  Good luck.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
PAPILLON24K
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually contacted Verizon and they got my pictures back but I don't think they are all there and of course I can't get on my old phone to see because I need to sign in and it just does it's circle thing of trying to sign in...if I find out they aren't all there, I need to call them again.  They told me they have sent out notifications over the last month and if it's been within 30 days I can get them back...

0 Likes
PAPILLON24K
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just looked again and the pictures only go back to September of last year...I had like 3 years or more of pictures, so now I know they have NOT restored them and I am with CCRASH92, lawsuit! This is rediculouse of how many people they are [removed]

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service