Backup Assistant
VCSLEDHEADS

I'm planning to upgrade to a smart phone in near future. I don't want to loose my contacts in the process so I've used Backup Assistant to backup my contact files. A friend recently switched to a smart phone and said the files from his old phone were not transferable to the smart phone and he had to manually enter all of his contacts to new phone. Question is, if I've used Backup Assistant, can I load all my contact info to new Smart Phone from there or not, are files compatible between old phone and new phone?

thanks for any input.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VCSLEDHEADS

We look forward to seeing you upgrade to a new Smartphone. Backup Assistant is an online cloud backup service that was replaced by Verizon Cloud. Since those contacts have been saved at Backup Assistant, you will be able to transfer them to your new Smartphone by syncing to Verizon Cloud. Click the link below for more information regarding how Verizon Cloud works:

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the contacts are backed up to Backup Assistant, I would suggest that you log into your MyVerizon account online and navigate to the Backup Assistant page. Once there, you should export the contacts out there into a file. Then you can import the contacts into your Google account or another email account you intend to use with the smartphone. Once you sign into that email account on the new phone, you can have it sync your contacts to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VCSLEDHEADS

We look forward to seeing you upgrade to a new Smartphone. Backup Assistant is an online cloud backup service that was replaced by Verizon Cloud. Since those contacts have been saved at Backup Assistant, you will be able to transfer them to your new Smartphone by syncing to Verizon Cloud. Click the link below for more information regarding how Verizon Cloud works:

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

If you log into https://cloud.verizonwireless.com/ with your phone number and MyVerizon password you can see the contacts that were safely saved to Verizon Cloud on the Contacts tab with your backup assistant.  As long as you stay on a post-paid Verizon Wireless service when you change phones, the contacts you see on the Verizon Cloud website will be restored to your new phone.

0 Likes
rayrios9630

That is not correct.  I just lost all my Notes from my contacts when I transferred the numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your time and want to help so you have access to all of your content including the notes. The original post was in regard to the backup and transfer of contacts only. There was not mention of any notes. To ensure we are aligned, can you please tell us more about the notes you are referring to? Also, what backup method did you use prior to transferring your contacts? 

JaimeG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes