Backup failing
MANDARIN2616

Cloud backup keeps failing on my phone.  Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup failing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A failed backup is no fun Mandarin2616. We can certainly work on getting this corrected for you. What make/model phone do you have? When was your last successful backup done? Also, are you using Verizon Cloud or another form of backup? Please share some additional details.

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MANDARIN2616

Thanks! The model is MNAD2LL/A and I have an iPhone 7.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:16 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure it the Verizon Cloud backup is failing or the iCloud backup?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MANDARIN2616, thanks so much for getting back to us with the make/model. Knowing that you have an iPhone 7 is very helpful. We still need more information to help us move forward.

Are you able to determine which backup service you're attempting to use? Have you ever used this service before? Please describe the steps you've taken to attempt the backup in detail. This will help us gain a better understanding so we can continue to work together.

Samantha_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MANDARIN2616

Hi. I'm using the Verizon Cloud app that is on my phone, it is version

18.6.16. I have used it before and it says my last successful update was

in July.

On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 11:46 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming that you are using our Verizon Cloud service, MANDARIN2616. Are you getting an error message when you try to backup by tapping on the green cloud icon in the top right corner and then select "back up now"? Are you backing up when connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data? By default the app is set to that it can only back up when connected to Wi-Fi. You can check the setting by tapping on the three lines in the top left corner, settings, how to back up. Make sure that the phone is configured to back up the way you wish it to. Also, on the settings screen, make sure that "what to backup" has the categories of content selected that you want backed up. Please let us know if this helps.

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes
MANDARIN2616

Yes, I'm trying to back up using WiFi, but I'm constantly getting a "Back

Up Failed" message. I'm trying to back up photos, videos and contacts.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 3:03 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

I've seen this before when both cloud and iPhoto are backing up photos.  Cloud will automatically backup the photos upon a major location change.  Apple made a change to iPhoto to remove the original photo from the phone when it backs up to iPhoto/iCloud and leaves a 'trace' photo in its place that cloud doesn't have the ability to back up (and probably shouldn't because it's not the original resolution).  When we try to back it up, we can't. 

Check if you have the space saver turned on.  If you do, turn it off, take a pic, do a Verizon Cloud backup and see if that new pic goes up.  If it does, then it's the space saver feature that is causing the failure.  If it doesn't go up, then something else is wrong and you should contact support.

0 Likes
brimarie

I have a Google pixel 3 XL and I keep getting the "last backup failed" message when hitting that cloud and selecting "back up now." I'm connected to WiFi, my last successful backup was Friday March 1st. Am I doing anything wrong? 

0 Likes