Can I clear up space on my Verizon Cloud without deleting my pictures?
RobnDawn
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple of months ago, I transferred my backed up files to Verizon Cloud.  I must admit, cloud storage is something I really am a novice about...have always used actual storage on a drive.  Love the idea of using the cloud but can't quite say I understand the process, security risks, etc.  Anyway, my storage is full and I'm not at the point where I want to upgrade the amount of storage space I have.  I believe this being full is causing some minor problems when using my laptop (I have the Verizon Cloud app loaded on my laptop).  I've tried going in to manage folders, move pictures, etc to free up some open space by moving them to hard storage but just can't seem to figure out how to do so.

Not even sure if everything on the cloud is from my mobile devices or if I have the laptop set up to store on the cloud as well.  I'd like to get to the point where I have free space on my cloud without deleting and losing any of my pictures.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud storage is full
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks RobnDawn. Our best recommendation for more Verizon Cloud storage, is to increase your capacity. Although it may be possible to use an external drive, it's not something we directly support. Here's additional information on Verizon Cloud options for your reference. http://bit.ly/MRTIQt

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

There are many free cloud storage places. Most offer more space than Verizon does. If you have a Hotmail account you get 7 GB free storage. Google offers 15 GB for free. And there are others

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello RobnDawn, making sure your information is secure and saved is our top priority! The information saved in the cloud will be from your mobile devices. You can save outside files from your laptop in the cloud if you drag and drop the files in the desktop manager. Here is a link that will give you details on everything you need to know about the cloud: http://vz.to/1nsQZsd

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
RobnDawn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks anonymuss for the response.  Still learning about the cloud options!

0 Likes
RobnDawn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks WiltonA_VZW for the response.  My cloud space is full and I would like to free up some of that space without completely losing the backup data.  How do I go about taking some of my items out of the cloud and back them up on an external drive?  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks RobnDawn. Our best recommendation for more Verizon Cloud storage, is to increase your capacity. Although it may be possible to use an external drive, it's not something we directly support. Here's additional information on Verizon Cloud options for your reference. http://bit.ly/MRTIQt

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes