Can I delete pictures from my phone if they are backed up to the cloud?
TIMWAT69

Hi.

I was wondering, I have an iPhone and after I upload my pictures and video to VZ Cloud, can I delete them from my phone to save some space?

I mean, if I want to show someone a picture or a video, I can just open the VZ Cloud app and all my pics n videos are right there.  So, why keep them on my phone as well?  A lot of my videos are large and take up big spaces.  Just thought it might be a good idea.

What do others think?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: CLOUD: Pics and videos backed up .. Can I delete them from my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMWAT69-

Having enough space on your phone is crucial. I want to make sure that we are setting the right expectations so you don't lose precious pictures. If you back up to the Cloud and don't back up again, you are able to delete the photos without losing them on the Cloud. However, if you back up to the Cloud, remove the photos, and then do another backup without the photos, the Cloud will then mirror how your phone looks (sans photos). You do have the option of backing up your phone to a computer or the iCloud if you would prefer.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Once you successfully backup pictures and videos to the cloud, you can delete them from your phone. I would check your cloud account before deletion just to make 1000% sure that everything is looking good.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TIMWAT69-

Having enough space on your phone is crucial. I want to make sure that we are setting the right expectations so you don't lose precious pictures. If you back up to the Cloud and don't back up again, you are able to delete the photos without losing them on the Cloud. However, if you back up to the Cloud, remove the photos, and then do another backup without the photos, the Cloud will then mirror how your phone looks (sans photos). You do have the option of backing up your phone to a computer or the iCloud if you would prefer.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes