Can I use my personal hotspot to do iCloud backup for my iPad 2?
Monica3p

I have not been able to do an iCloud backup for my iPad 2 using the wifi connection on my personal hotspot on my iphone5. Is this even possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use my personal hotspot to do iCloud backup for my iPad 2?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes you can use your mobile hotspot on your device to back up your iPad to the cloud services. Data usage will apply this could cause overages. I would recommend wifi for all back ups. Are you getting an error message on the iPad?
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question.  I want to clarify though so I can ensure we are on the same page.  What device is your hotspot on?
MatthewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Monica3p

Thanks, Matthew.  As stated above, hotspot I referred to is indeed on an iPhone 5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes you can use your mobile hotspot on your device to back up your iPad to the cloud services. Data usage will apply this could cause overages. I would recommend wifi for all back ups. Are you getting an error message on the iPad?
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Monica3p

I'm not getting an error message, I just keep getting the notifications that my iPad has not been backed up to iCloud for weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. I certainly want to get that backed up again, Monica3p. While you are connected to your iPhone 5 hotspot, are you able to get into other data services like the browser or Social Media applications? In your iPad, can you select Settings > iCloud and make sure your Apple ID is up to date as well?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
Monica3p

Yes, the wifi seems to work fine when surfing the web, etc.  I just can't do iCloud backups.

0 Likes
Monica3p

My Apple ID works to download apps

Aloha. Monica

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the additional information Monica3p. What happens when you try to initiate a back up via iCloud? Does it start or say that it is unable to do so? Have you ever backed up your device via iTunes?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
Monica3p

When I try to back up in iCloud settings it goes off and msg is back up could not be completed, Last back up: never. Out of 5G of storage, 4.6 is available. Are they trying to get me to buy more storage?

0 Likes