Can't compete Cloud installation
MP9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ellipsis 7, kitkat 4. 4.2

When I open cloud app,  it says the device has a new phone number (it doesn't)  and that to get cloud working i need to do a factory reset.  I did a factory reset and the problem remains. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling cloud,  and rebooting.

Also,  when I go to google play store on my PC and install an app to this tablet,  in the dropdown it says "no carrier"  for this device

Further question,  my understanding is that each device has its own cloud.  Do i need to create a new second verizon wireless account login for  my tablet?  Is that why i can't complete installation of cloud on the tablet because I'm using my phones login info that can't be used on the tablet? (if  I did at one time create a new separate verizon login and password for the tablet,  I don't remember it)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't compete Cloud installation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all these details, MP9. The issue you're experiencing does sound like it lies with you trying to use your phone's Verizon Cloud log in. Each device would have a separate Cloud account. Let me know if the issue continues after making the new account.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MP9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply. The issue remains unresolved. I created a new user

ID and password for the ellipsis 7 associated with it's phone number. I

uninstalled cloud for Android. When I then try to install cloud for

Android, as before, it tells me my phone number has changed and that I

need to do a factory reset.

On Dec 3, 2015 5:09 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MP9-

I definitely want you to be able to use your Verizon Cloud without any issues. I trust we will get to the bottom of this. Do you currently have a Postpaid or Prepaid account for your tablet?
CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MP9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 2 year contract

On Dec 4, 2015 9:42 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MP9-

I appreciate your patience while we try to gather important clues for a solution. We would need to re-provision your account to ensure your Cloud account is working as it should. Please contact us through our social media page at VZWSupport via Facebook or Twitter. We would be happy to access your account and assist in a timely manner. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MP9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your help. I don't have any social media, facebook, twitter,

etc. How else do I initiate this reprovisioning process?

<https://www.avast.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

This

email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.

www.avast.com

<https://www.avast.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>

<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're committed to resolve this issue for you Mark. I have sent you a direct message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience, and I will be able to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried logging into the cloud app on your tablet, using the Phone number (not userid) of the phone that backed up the content?  I don't think you can have a cloud account that is tablet only. 

0 Likes