Can't restore from Verizon Cloud
dbeaven

I have tried several times to restore from Verizon Cloud to my replacement phone.

Each time I restore text messages it gets to 49% and then stops and eventually

says "restore complete."

I make sure I am plugged into a charger and that the wifi is connected.

I am an Android user with an LG G3 phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't restore from Verizon Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dbeaven,

Getting your texts back onto your device is certainly crucial. I know I count on my messages to be there. Let's work together to get this solved.

Has other content besides your text messages been restored to the phone? Is the Cloud application up to date?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dbeaven

Andrew...

I've tried to get my texts restored several times.  Each time I only get about 50% before the process just stops and gives up.  I don't get an error or any sort of status update.

I was able to update items like call history and photos.  My Verizon app is up to date.

I'm currently performing another text message update to see if anything has changed.

thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important backed up messages are, dbeaven. Are you keeping the phone active while it is restoring the messages or allowing it to fade to black(sleep)? Have you unchecked all other selections for restoring and just leaving Messages selected during that process?

StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dbeaven

Hi Steven...

When I perform the restore I only select text messages.  I let the restore run until it is finishes.  I don't use the phone during this time.  Each time I try I only get about 50% of the way through.  The counter for number of messages restored just stops at some point and I guess the process fails.

It's also amazing to me the amount of time it takes to restore anything from the Verizon backup.  The amount of bytes being transferred just doesn't seem to match up with the extensive time.  This seems to be the case whether I'm connected through 4G or wifi.

thanks...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to lose any information, dbeaven. Have you tried connecting your phone to a computer to perform the backup that way? Do you have the Verizon Cloud application on your computer?

RobertH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dbeaven

I have tried the Verizon Cloud App on 2 different computers.  Using that app or the cloud interface I am not able to see any information about my text messages.  However, in the mobile app I see that I have text messages that have been backed up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dbeaven,

We want to make sure you can get your information back on your device. Let's try resetting the application. -> http://spr.ly/6582BCbHO

ShirazP_VZW

0 Likes