Cannot download from my mom's cloud to PC. Corrupt files?
raptormoonx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello!

My mom asked me to download all of the content from her Verizon Cloud. I tried downloading the content all at once and separately. I'm getting errors on all files except for her contact list and PDFs. The zip files that are created are coming up as "corrupted" and/or "files.zip (or similar name), Format not supported (0x2000e00). I have tried accessing these files on both my parent's Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop, and on my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit laptop. I'm not sure why this is happening as when I went into my cloud, I had no issues downloading any of the files. My mom's on vacation for the next week, so I cannot access her phone, if needed. She has a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have a Droid Turbo 2. Both phone's run Android 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated asap. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot download from my mom's cloud to PC. Corrupt files?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I just logged into my Verizon Cloud on my Windows 10 64-bit desktop and was able to successfully download .jpg's and .vcf files which were saved as files.zip. I was able to open the .zip files without problems. You might want to call 800-922-0204 or *611 and have them escalate to open a ticket to see if the Cloud files somehow are corrupted.  They might have an issue with you since you're not the account owner.

How did you access the Verizon Cloud and download the files, from your laptop(s) or via the Verizon Cloud app on your Droid 2?  What app are you opening the .zip files with that is showing corrupted?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I don't see how to download using my Droid 2 using the Verizon Cloud app, so ignore that reference unless you're using a browser on the Droid 2 to access the Verizon Cloud.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

There are file size restrictions on various zip file programs  ( Information about size limits with WinZip - WinZip - Knowledgebase )

You can try downloading smaller quantities or you can use the PC app to restore them which doesnt put them into a zip file.  Restore Media Files - Verizon Cloud - Windows | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes