Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloud Help
scubapirate

I use the Verizon cloud. I have two questions....

1. Can I save battery power and use the cloud, it drains battery life?

2. I think someone has accessed my account cloud or Verizon account, I am not sure how but they know things I am sending in text messages. I have searched and exhausted searches for anything that might lead me to it, can I find out when and where my account was accessed from so I may give this information to the authorities?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Cloud Help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's imperative that your content is safe on the Verizon Cloud. It sounds like you're using Verizon Messages as well as these messages are syncing with the cloud. I do suggest changing the password to your My Verizon account as quickly as possible. http://vz.to/1zOrUPv Are you receiving spoofs from multiple numbers? I do suggest blocking the number via My Verizon as well.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

How do you know that info from messages was captured?  Are you getting mail or advertisements related to your message context?

0 Likes
scubapirate

Someone is sending me messages from  a spoofed number. I have traced these numbers as far as I can from two different states. I have traced ip addresses I found on my Facebook to see if it was there. Nothing. They are sending me

recaps of messages from me and people I know that I am messaging. They are spot on with the info they know. They are starting to bug my wife about stuff too.i can only assume they got her number the same way they know my  information.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

That's concerning.  Maybe a more educated forum member can chime in and help you get this figured quicker than trying to call Verizon CS and explaining it 10 times.  Of course, Vzw would be able to help with the exact number and info/ account details, but there is most likely someone here with good horse-sense.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

scubapirate We can definitely understand why you're concerned about the issue with the spoof calls and cloud concerns. First, the reason the Cloud uses more of your battery is because of all the data it has to sync and wifi also uses more battery as welll. This in fact is normal and should be expected. When using the backup services, make sure to have a full charge or carry a charger with you. As for the spoofed calls, we will not have information in regards to who is actually placing the texts. Is there anyone on the Verizon account who has access to password information who can see info online?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's imperative that your content is safe on the Verizon Cloud. It sounds like you're using Verizon Messages as well as these messages are syncing with the cloud. I do suggest changing the password to your My Verizon account as quickly as possible. http://vz.to/1zOrUPv Are you receiving spoofs from multiple numbers? I do suggest blocking the number via My Verizon as well.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

My good horse-sense just came to me.  Mr Number is a great app if you use an Android phone.  It will automatically give names for reverse-searches, even texts (they are sent from a number after all) and the first 10 unknown numbers in your log will be identified after install.  Also comes with 20 free searches.  A lot of caller/text ID apps can give you info that Verizon doesn't have that is in fact in public databases, but even then, some are unknown, but this app has found 9 out of 10 consistently for me.

0 Likes
scubapirate

I have since changed my password. However, I am not blocking the number yet. I want to make sure I know who it is if they try it again. it is two different numbers, one out of Florida and one out of New Jersey, my assumption is that they are using  a texting app with randomly generated numbers. I know for a fact that I can only do so much with those numbers unless I find out the program they are using, unless you know something I don't. Here is the kicker, I am pretty sure Verizon (for security purposes) keeps track of the Ip address that a person signs onto their account from. I would like to obtain that information. I understand Law Enforcement might need a subpoena however since it is my information I should not. Also, I am pretty sure you can see the device (at least the type of device) that was used to access my account at any time. If you couldn't, you would not be able to track the devices I frequesntly use. This information would also come in handy.

0 Likes
scubapirate

It's actually not spoof calls just text messages.

0 Likes
scubapirate

Very nice horse sense you have there. I will try that in addition to what I have done already.