Cloud PC app is PAINFULLY slow to load... even just the thumbnails.
DC813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Downloaded the Cloud to my PC so I could go through all the non sense that gets auto uploaded to my cloud. When I sign in, it takes, literally, about a minute for each thumbnail to load. Also, I selected 150 music tracks at the same time and deleted them all at once and it took over 30 minutes to see the free'd up space on my cloud. Why is this so PAINFULLY slow? I could do this faster from my phone!

I have a newer i7 Pentium, 1TB, 8 GB DDR ram, cache is clean and 75/75 fios.... my connection nor my pc is the issue here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud PC app is PAINFULLY slow to load... even just the thumbnails.
Snn5
Legend

Correct, it is not your PC or network, but most likely Verizon's side.  I don't know what phone you sue, but Google Photos or Drive is 15 GB free, Microsoft OneDrive is 30 GB free, and Google Play Music can store up to 50000 songs for free.  All of the above are just as fast as your ISP plan speed allows.

DC813
Enthusiast - Level 3

Excellent. I'll try one of those. I have a Note Edge with a 64gb SanDisk in it btw. I have plenty of storage on my phone I just like the idea of having everything backed up. Verizon was free so I never even explored other options. Now the daunting task of downloading everything from Verizon and moving it. I wish it were easy to download it all at once.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, 25GB is included with the More Everything plan, and it's a good feature to have...when it works efficiently.

0 Likes
DC813
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what we have. 10GB plan. The upload works seamlessly. I have our phones set to backup everything at night while we are asleep. I can even view everything just fine from my phone.... it's just the PC app that takes F O R E V E R or load. Very frustrating.

0 Likes