Cloud contacts missing in app
cdees

I have a new phone, for which I used the Cloud app to restore my contacts everything seemed fine. But, yesterday my contacts disappeared from my phone and the cloud app shows no contacts on the cloud or on my phone. However when I log into Verizon wireless on my PC and view my cloud content, the contacts are all there. So I tried the following:

• I beamed a .vcf file of all my contacts from my old "deactivated" phone over to my new phone and imported them into my contacts. (My Contacts are now on the phone).
  • The Cloud app still can't see the contacts on my phone. (Or in the Cloud)
  • I forced stopped, then disabled/reenabled and updated Verizon cloud App and nothing changed.
  • The app can complete backups but still no contacts.
  • It seems like I'm already logged in, but I did try to reenter my credentials in the Cloud app: Tools>Business or Residential signin and entered my account login credentials (which work fine to log into verizonwireless.com) I get "Sorry we didn't recognize you" code:10001

Can you please help me to try to try to get the Verizon Cloud working properly so I can back up my Contacts again? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud contacts missing in app
cdees

It is also worth noting that for me Verizon Cloud is only supposed to be backing up my Contacts, Calls and Messages. The Calls and Messages ARE visible in Verizon Cloud app, only Contacts are missing.

0 Likes
Re: Cloud contacts missing in app
cdees

Wow this is a... bustling community here, LOL!

Anyway, I spoke to Verizon and they have an ongoing issue with failures of the Cloud app to sync and/or display properly. They said give it 72 hours. Good thing I have the .vcf with all my contacts. I guess I will just manually re-import the contacts into my phone and manually back it up to my PC. We'll just have to wait to see if Verizon Cloud backups start working again soon.

0 Likes