Cloud photos deleted!
MSCANDYROCKS

All my photo's were deleted from my cloud before I was notified of the new pay only cloud service. How can I get my photos back?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud photos deleted!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MSCANDYROCKS, 

We're sorry to learn your cloud content was deleted prior to you receiving notification. Typically, cloud content is archived for 30 days after the cloud is removed from the line of service. How long ago was your cloud content deleted? 

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MSCANDYROCKS

Hi, I don't know exactly when it was deleted. I guess it would've been done whenever the new paid cloud service started. How can I retrieve my pictures? Do I just need to subscribe to the new Cloud?

Thanks in advance for your help!

<<removed>>

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You can try signing up for the 30-day trial of the new subscription service and see if your cloud content shows up automatically.  If not, you might have to call 800-922-0204 or *611 to have them check to see if they can restore from the archive.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

MSCANDYROCKS​, call support to see if an archive of your account exists.  It will if it has been less than 30 days since the cloud service was removed from your mobile number.  If it does exist, have them put the 500GB with 30 day trial on your mobile number, have them unarchive your content and make sure the unarchived content size matches the level of cloud service they put on your account.  Only support can unarchive the archived content.

If it's been more than 30 days then they won't be able to recover the content because it would have been deleted from the system.

0 Likes
wgbecker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I lost over ten years of photos. If there is a class-action law suite..count me in...This is unconscionable.

AZREALSTARR

10 years of photos gone some of my first husband who past away. Some of my children when they were little. Im so heartbroken. This is so wrong

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AZREALSTARR, 

I'm so sorry to hear that your photos have been removed from Verizon Cloud. I know how important it is to keep your data protected, and I'd like to see how we can help. May I ask when this happened? It may be possible to retrieve photos if this occurred less than 30 days ago. 

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kate0011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing happened to me and thousands of others. I'd be in for the lawsuit as well. To make things worse, it was the worst customer service I have ever received. I got no apology and she told me it was my fault. Disgusting. They still have our photos but refuse to retrieve them after 30 days. I didn't ask for this app to be put on my phone, it was added my the sales man and pushed on me to use when I purchased my phone. He said it was a great back up so I didn't have to worry about losing my irreplaceable photos. I was never told that it was something I had to upgrade or they would delete my photos. This is truly a scam.

0 Likes
Kate0011
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also wanted to add that after speaking to Apple Support, they were disgusted by this and said that there is no way that Verizon CAN'T retrieve our photos if they were saved to Verizon's cloud and that Verizon wasn't being truthful and had complete control over this. So Verizon either still has our personal photos somewhere or they purposely set it so they we can never retrieve them. What kind of person in their right mind would give the go ahead to delete a customer's photos? It has to be the worst thing that a company could ever do to a customer. You can't come back from that and no amount of money could replace it (although nothing was offered.) Get some new management to make the big decisions. You're a joke. If you had some real competition and weren't ran as a "monopoly", you would be crushed. Not to mention your takeover in cable and internet.. Verizon and Comcast make agreements on who gets what turf so they don't compete with each other and customer's have no options. Kind of like what drug dealers do in the hood. You are what happens to customer service when competition is scarce. Complete and utter nonsense.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes