Cloud won't restore everything to my phone
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just purchased a new Droid Turbo today after an accident destroyed my previous Droid Turbo.  I had everything backed up to Verizon Cloud, and when I got my new phone and got it set up I went into cloud and restored everything (contacts, pics, messages, etc.)  I made sure all those were checked to restore.  After going through the restore process, none of my photos were restored to my phone and only a few of my contacts.  When I go to my cloud, all my pictures and contacts are there.  When I try to do content restore it says there are zero photos to restore and it doesn't even list contacts as an option.  Can someone please help me get my data back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud won't restore everything to my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbcollier22,

We are here to help in any way that we can. Let's take a look to see what is going on. When you look at the Cloud App on your phone, do you see the photos there? If yes, you will need to download them to your phone from the app, they don't automatically do this. Your contacts are showing online but not on the phone? Did you happen to have them stored anywhere else like google or with your email account?

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
bbowens15

I recently got a new Galaxy S5 after I shattered my previous one. I can't even get the cloud app to open up or log into my cloud account on the cloud app on my computer. Would be really nice to have all my stuff back.

0 Likes
ocbp50
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ugh, Not sure about things other than photos, videos and contacts.  Appears that Verizon Cloud allows you to backup different things for difference devices.  As for photos, videos and contacts, you should be able to simply login through the Verizon Cloud app on your phone.  Go into your photos, videos or contacts via the app.  Then, select what you want to download to your phone.  Once you have selected the items to download, select "Download."  The items will download and you'll get a success or failure message.  Repeat steps for each type of file.  One last thing, make sure you are on wifi if possible when you download.  It will be quick and data usage-free.  Good luck.

ocbp50

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you are getting your information back onto the phone, bbowens15. When you try to log into the Cloud application or the Cloud on the computer are you getting any kind of errors? Please provide me with some details on what happens when you try to log in.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbcollier22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to download my pictures manually like you said.  On my contacts it partially downloaded them when I tried to restore my settings through the Cloud.  About 1/3 of them were restored, the rest of them are still there in the Cloud and I can pull them up and look at them.  It randomly selected the ones it did restore; A-Z I have some of each in my phone but am missing most of them. 

0 Likes