Cloud
anthonysgoodman1

I have been a Verizon customer for more than a decade and until recently have had no issues with the service. It all started this year when I ordered a new phone to replace my 3 year old Galaxy. I must admit, I was pretty excited. I thought the change over would be pretty smooth since I had everything backed up on the cloud.

Right after I received the new phone I realized that I was not able to  get to anything that I had saved on the cloud and that I wasn't registered for my Verizon anymore. I thought that was odd since I had been a customer for so long. I called Verizon tech support to see if they could fix that and the nice young lady on the phone told me that she would have to submit a ticket to get this fixed.

Well, a month goes by and I had not heard anything and I could still not get to my data. So I call again and the customer service rep tells me after being on hold with her for over a half an hour that Verizon has no record of any ticket being submitted and that my cloud account had been cancelled when I got my new phone, but that they could do it now. I stressed how important that cloud data was to me in that it contained pictures of my children, that I entrusted Verizon to keep safe.

I received a phone call today from Verizon telling me that all those years of photos of my children are gone.

So moral of the story, do not entrust Verizon with your data, they are unfeeling and will cancel your account on a whim.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

anthonysgoodman1, I can understand how important those precious memories are to you.  Your continued trust and business means everything to us.  We want to take a closer look at what happened in the case of your Verizon Cloud.  I am sending you a private email message so that we can provide some additional support. 

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Cloud
JoelLion

Not to sound like a smart Alex, but Google Business Suite does the exact same thing when you switch from Gmail to Gmail business. They specifically recommend a clean sweep and highly recommend just starting the whole categorizing email thing all over again.

After a couple weeks of frustration, I finally relented and stop trying to change policy, or find an important email. It took about 2 weeks to get rolling again. But it beat the frustration I was going through

0 Likes