Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contacts Failed to Backup to the Cloud on LG Lucid
_Thor_

Whenever my phone does a backup to the Cloud the only thing not getting backed up is my Contacts. Keep getting error message "Cloud Contacts Failed"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts Failed to Backup to the Cloud on LG Lucid
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Are you properly signed into your Google Account?

0 Likes
_Thor_

What does Google have to to with Verizon Cloud may I ask?

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Well, sorry.  I thought you meant contacts weren't backing up.  I don't use Verizon's cloud at all.  I find it rather unreliable.

0 Likes
_Thor_

That's fine I am trying to backup my Phone to the Verizon Cloud. Was working fine until this last month or so.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12

I'm having the same issue with Samsung S5.  There should be a way to resolve this.  My pictures, etc, back up fine, it's just the contacts. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Have you actually gone in and looked at your cloud since you hit "back up"?

0 Likes
Flowergirl12

Yes, I just did and all backup for contacts ended on June 11, 2015.  That's the last time I tried to change info on someone.   The change is there but anything I entered on my phone since then does not appear.   My photos, etc are fine, it's only contacts that are an issue.  I do get a message hourly on my phone that the contacts backup failed.  So, whether I try it manually or automatically, it fails.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Bummer. Mine says failed afterwards, but always ends up working. Verizon tech couldn't explain it.

I'm sure you did, but just to cover bases, when you add a new contact they go under "Phone" and not an e-mail or SIM card correct? I do wonder if the back up just says failed if there aren't any new contacts to add. Just a theory.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

Clearing cache and data for the cloud may help, though you'll probably have to set the app up again.

0 Likes