Contacts Failed to Backup to the Cloud on LG Lucid
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whenever my phone does a backup to the Cloud the only thing not getting backed up is my Contacts. Keep getting error message "Cloud Contacts Failed"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts Failed to Backup to the Cloud on LG Lucid
Snn5
Legend

Are you properly signed into your Google Account?

0 Likes
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does Google have to to with Verizon Cloud may I ask?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, sorry.  I thought you meant contacts weren't backing up.  I don't use Verizon's cloud at all.  I find it rather unreliable.

0 Likes
_Thor_
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's fine I am trying to backup my Phone to the Verizon Cloud. Was working fine until this last month or so.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue with Samsung S5.  There should be a way to resolve this.  My pictures, etc, back up fine, it's just the contacts. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you actually gone in and looked at your cloud since you hit "back up"?

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I just did and all backup for contacts ended on June 11, 2015.  That's the last time I tried to change info on someone.   The change is there but anything I entered on my phone since then does not appear.   My photos, etc are fine, it's only contacts that are an issue.  I do get a message hourly on my phone that the contacts backup failed.  So, whether I try it manually or automatically, it fails.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Bummer. Mine says failed afterwards, but always ends up working. Verizon tech couldn't explain it.

I'm sure you did, but just to cover bases, when you add a new contact they go under "Phone" and not an e-mail or SIM card correct? I do wonder if the back up just says failed if there aren't any new contacts to add. Just a theory.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Clearing cache and data for the cloud may help, though you'll probably have to set the app up again.

0 Likes