Re: Contacts Failed to Backup to the Cloud on LG Lucid
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for all the possibilities.  When I received your last message, I tried entering a dummy contact and did a manual backup.  I received the "failed" message and went to Verizon on my desktop to verify if it did indeed fail. The new contact is not there.  I have cleared the cache a number of times over the past few days and that hasn't helped.  I have not tried to clear the data as i wasn't sure if I would be able to retrieve it again.  Is this safe to do?  I don't think it matters but I am not even close to capacity on my storage on the cloud and photos, call history, etc back up fine. 

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I just verified by clearing cache, clearing data, force stop, restart and then opened the cloud. It just takes you through the walk through again of setting it up. Takes about 3 minutes to set up again.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Ha. Now it says my back up completed...I seemed to have fixed a problem that didn't really need fixing.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Too amazing.  I did as you suggested and it worked for me also!  I have been so frustrated by this and have spent the past few nights trouble shooting with no luck.  I've read everything I could find on Google but did not see a suggestion to clear data for the Cloud and then restore.  It worked and all issues seem to be resolved.  Thank you so much for your time and patience.  Maybe this will help my battery drain that has also begun since I uploaded Lollipop. LOL.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Well lets look at that also. (:

Under Settings do you have the option to select "Battery"? Sorry, what phone do you have? I didn't think to ask or just can't remember.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.  I do have Battery under Settings.  It shows Google Services 8%, E mail 7%,

Android OS 5%, Cloud 4%, and everything else below 3%.  I've been watching this for several days and can't see where anything specific is draining it but it is far different since the Lollipop update two months ago.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You have to fully charge it, and then let it drain to about 25%. I think fully charging it "resets" the monitoring and then letting it drain will allow you to see what you use.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.  I've never let it drain to 25%.  Somewhere I read that that wasn't a good idea. I'll give it a try.  I keep closing apps tin Task Manager thinking that was the problem.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would just use it as normal so you can really see what's using it. Closing apps is good, helps with background data and battery, so you could just keep doing that and hope your battery lasts.

0 Likes
Flowergirl12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.  I'll do as you suggest.

0 Likes