Contacts List is a mess!
Kansascindy

My contacts list was fine until last Saturday. Now it's a major mess - names, pictures, phone numbers, addresses all jumbled. How can I revert back to the list I had last week?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts List is a mess!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kansascindy,

I would be so lost if my contacts were not in order. Let's get yours back the way they should be. Just to clarify, is the list in your Cloud the only one not organized or is it your contact app as well that is out of order? Is the list out of order both in your Cloud app & online? Also what make/model phone are you using?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kansascindy

My contacts are jumbled on both my phone and on the Cloud. My phone is a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. is it possible to restore my list back to a certain date?  There is no way I can fix this because I cant align actual names & numbers. I can figure out the pictures, but that's about it. Everything is jumbled - addresses for wrong person, email addresses mixed up, and even names are twisted (example: Bob 'Roadside' Jones). Your help is truly appreciated!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely seems odd. May we ask if you had many adjustments to your device prior to this occuring? Is all software up to date? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MRNoize

I too have a Droid Turbo 2 and have the same problem.  Contact info and pictures are associated with the incorrect names.  I also have two unknown named contacts.  I had over a dozen two weeks ago.  They have my and several other contacts information.  This first noticed a few strange anomalies a few month ago.  And these issues still continue to happen.

I just noticed a friends contact disappeared, but their information is under another friend's name as a Phone Cloud contact.  I also have lots on contacts under unknown now.

I had 600+ phone cloud contacts last week, today i only have 516 and I have not deleted any contacts but I have added about 5 or 6 over the past week.  My last successful back was last Wednesday.  I only backup contacts, messages, and call history over WiFi every hour.  I also have 4.5 GB of free space. 

I also only have 9 phone contacts, which 2 contacts represent 5 contacts.  I only save new contacts as a phone contact.  I did recently replace my phone with a refurbished unit.  I had issues restoring from the cloud so I used a application to restore from a backup of the phone.  The restore was contacts to the phone, not to any other account (cloud, Google, Messenger/FB, Hotmail/Microsoft.  I also do not have any contacts in these accounts.

I have applied two security patches for the Droid Turbo 2.  My current Android version is 6.0.1 and build number MCK24.183-22.

Please help because I need to fix my contacts so I can call people.  Yes, I use my smart phone as a phone.  And I need to switch to a new refurbished phone and return this defective unit.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your phone is working the way it should MRNoize. Let's see what we need to do to get this resolved. I know you mentioned that you used an app to restore from your backup. What app did you use to do that? Were you having trouble with the contacts doing this on your previous phone or did this only begin after activating your replacement?

RashadM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes