Contacts Not Syncing with PC App
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see they were backed up via Verizon Cloud, but on the PC they don't show. When I click Contacts the PC app tells me I need Backup Assistant. I click to "get the service", as it suggests, which opens a web page asking me to log in to my VZW account, which I do. But, then ALWAYS tells me verizon is termporarily unavailable, which is actually not true, because the VZW site can be accessed and used in the normal way. I can't believe bugs like this exist with a company like Verizon. We are a small software company, and NONE of our stuff is this buggy! Anyone have a solution for this, or a recommendation of a different text syncing app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts Not Syncing with PC App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that all of your contacts and memories are safe and sound. We can look into this for you, but we would need you to give us a call at 800.922.0204 so we can help.

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MisterLeadFoot We strive to provide the best services and make everything easier for our customers. I’m sorry that you’re experiencing problems with your Cloud System. Let’s take a closer look? Which internet browser are you using? Which operating system are you using (Mac/Windows)? Can you please try using different browsers and tell me if the problem persists. You can find the steps here: http://vz.to/2uILXWd

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Windows 7, both IE and Chrome. To be clear, message syncing across my android phone, android tab, and win 7 pc is fine. The only problem is on my pc,  whether through messages plus app or vzw website,, essages do not link up with contacts, even though my contacts indeed can be seen in the contacts section of the vzw cloud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MisterLeadFoot  We pride ourselves on superior customer service and want to make you proud of us too. Let's get this straightened out. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MisterLeadFoot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply, but it is not the computer. It can't be, if it's having a problem even on your messages website, does that make sense? I am posting this publicly instead of privately, in case something in our thread helps someone else, or in case someone else has some insight.

On a good note, since posting my last message, this morning somehow my messages now show contacts linked to them. Does it take literally multiple DAYS before messages plus starts to sync contacts with messages, or did they possibly find a bug and fix it, since I last posted?

Now, for a bit of bad news: Many of my contacts have multiple phone numbers. While mobile numbers did indeed get "sync'd" into the correct "Mobile" field in the Cloud Contacts section, when I create a new message, and type a contact's name, for some contact's I only have the option to choose their work number when they indeed have a properly formatted mobile number in the "Mobile" field in their record in Contacts. In other words when I enter some contacts' names I have the option to choose from both their work and mobile numbers, but with others that also have work and mobile numbers, I can only see their work number as an option to send a message to. I have looked at the contents of the mobile numbers in the contact records that have this problem, and nothing looks like bad syntax, or worng number of digits or anything. This problem is inherent with the PC App only.

Given that I things suddenly improved, but didn't get fully resolved, is it possible that someone fixed something on the back end to contacts linking with texts properly, and also rev'd the front end and I need an app update on the PC? I am using PC app version 1.0.17.0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mister LeadFoot, I'm glad to see that you are seeing an improvement with the Messages + PC program, especially when it comes to your contacts. Our service and programs are always being worked on and updated, so there is a good chance that this is very likely the case. The reason we would need your private message is due to potentially needing to gather more details, in the case that we need to open a ticket for you.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes