Contacts Won't back up to cloud
jeffsfamily

My contacts on my s5 won't back up to Verizon cloud.  I've selected for them to back up and I've forced back up.  I've unselected, restarted phone, signed out, reselected, signed in, forced backup..... nada.

?  what do I need to do to get my contacts to backup to Verizon cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts Won't back up to cloud
Weth
Legend

Seriously, back up to Google.  

0 Likes
stever_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's important to us that you have the ability to back up all your important information, jeffsfamily. I'd be happy get things heading in the right direction.

Just for clarification, what is the make/model of the phone that you are using? Are you attempting to back up the contacts using wifi? Does the phone have the most recent software update? Please reach back out with a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jeffsfamily

I'm using galaxy s5.  latest update (g900VVRU2DPG2) applied successfully.  I'm using the Samsung contact list with contacts imported via Microsoft exchange.   I've double checked settings for Verizon cloud and contacts/photos/vides are all selected to backup.  contacts are the only thing that won't backup.  It's set for wifi, every hour.

thanks for any help.

i'd really like to also have my contacts backup'd on Verizon cloud.

0 Likes
stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know you need to keep your contacts safe and secure incase anything happens to the phone jeffsfamily. Have you ever been able to sync the contacts to the Verizon Cloud? When importing the contacts, what options did you have (i.e. Google, Phone, Yahoo)?

SteveM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes