Contacts have disappeared from my phone, and I can't sync with the cloud to retrieve them. How do I restore them?
ejjbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried to send text message yesterday and all could see were phone numbers next to them. No names appeared, and when I went to my contacts I only had 15.....there should be at least 100. Found them on the cloud and put them all back on my phone and went to bed. When I woke up this morning I had 24 contacts. What is going on?????? How do I get them back and keep this from happening again. Cloud will not sync with my phone now by the way.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contacts have disappeared from my phone, and I can't sync with the cloud to retrieve them. How do I get them back and keep this from happening again?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Looks like you may need to export these from the cloud to a CSV file then import directly to google

1. Log in to your wireless account at www.verizonwireless.com.vblog0
  2. Scroll down until you see something like this. If you are the primary account holder, click “Manage my Device.” If not, skip to step 3. vblog 7
  3. Click Manage My Contacts
    vblog 1
  4. If prompted, sync your Backup Assistant contacts to the cloud. You will have the option to add in contacts from other email accounts. When it gives you the option, click that you are done setting up.
  5. Next you will see your Verizon Contacts page. Click “Select All” or manually select the contacts you want exported.
    vblog 2
  6. Then click the Gear icon for the dropdown settings menu and select “Export Contact.”
    vblog 4
  7. This popup will appear. Select “Export my contacts to an email service…” Then click “Export.”
    vblog 5
  8. Another popup will appear asking you to name the file you are saving & pick a destination. Then click “Save.”
    vblog 8
  9. Next, log in to your Gmail email account.
    vblog 9
  10. Choose Contacts from the Gmail dropdown menu on the upper left.
    vblog 10
  11. In the center of the page, click the “More” dropdown menu and select “Import.”
    vblog 11
  12. When prompted, choose the file you saved earlier and click “Import.”vblog 12
  13. All of your contacts in the saved file will be imported to your Gmail account under a new label. You can rename this label by clicking on the label name in the list of labels on the left, then choosing “Rename Label” under the More dropdown menu.vblog 14
  14. You may be prompted to merge duplicate files automatically. If not, you may do this from the More dropdown menu. If you do not like how the files were imported or want to undo them for any reason, select “Restore Contacts”
    vblog 13

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Contacts have disappeared from my phone, and I can't sync with the cloud to retrieve them. How do I get them back and keep this from happening again?
TheMomUf3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Went to bed, all was fine, woke up, gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ejjbird, we truly want you to retrieve those contacts on your phone. I know the importance of finding out how to get them back so let’s dive in. What’s the make/model of your phone? Any recent updates done on your phone? Are you currently on WiFi?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

ejjbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Maxx. I took my phone to our local Verizon store, they told

me they had had several people come in with the same problem. I was told

that techs were aware of the issue and working on a fix. I should wait 24

hrs or so. Later that night 91 contacts reappeared and then disappeared

over night again. Very frustrating.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

dovetechllc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue . no contacts. Same day..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Log into the Cloud from a computer. Go to the Trash Can and restore all of the Valid contacts you wish to retain.  Next run the sync operation from your phone to get them to sync.  Next change ALL of your contacts on your phone to google Contacts and let Google backup your contacts without any worries.

TheMomUf3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the advice. Wish it was you I spent 2 hours with on the phone trying to figure out the problem.

0 Likes
ejjbird
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. I retrieved all the contacts from the trash. Cloud will not sync with

my phone. It says it has been synced but they don't appear on the phone.

Where did they go?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Looks like you may need to export these from the cloud to a CSV file then import directly to google

1. Log in to your wireless account at www.verizonwireless.com.vblog0
  2. Scroll down until you see something like this. If you are the primary account holder, click “Manage my Device.” If not, skip to step 3. vblog 7
  3. Click Manage My Contacts
    vblog 1
  4. If prompted, sync your Backup Assistant contacts to the cloud. You will have the option to add in contacts from other email accounts. When it gives you the option, click that you are done setting up.
  5. Next you will see your Verizon Contacts page. Click “Select All” or manually select the contacts you want exported.
    vblog 2
  6. Then click the Gear icon for the dropdown settings menu and select “Export Contact.”
    vblog 4
  7. This popup will appear. Select “Export my contacts to an email service…” Then click “Export.”
    vblog 5
  8. Another popup will appear asking you to name the file you are saving & pick a destination. Then click “Save.”
    vblog 8
  9. Next, log in to your Gmail email account.
    vblog 9
  10. Choose Contacts from the Gmail dropdown menu on the upper left.
    vblog 10
  11. In the center of the page, click the “More” dropdown menu and select “Import.”
    vblog 11
  12. When prompted, choose the file you saved earlier and click “Import.”vblog 12
  13. All of your contacts in the saved file will be imported to your Gmail account under a new label. You can rename this label by clicking on the label name in the list of labels on the left, then choosing “Rename Label” under the More dropdown menu.vblog 14
  14. You may be prompted to merge duplicate files automatically. If not, you may do this from the More dropdown menu. If you do not like how the files were imported or want to undo them for any reason, select “Restore Contacts”
    vblog 13
0 Likes