DISABLE Unwanted Notifications such as Flashbacks !!!
teligence

Hey VerizonWireless -  Are you listening???

We - the mobile device user community numbering in the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS demand that you allow us to disable any unwanted feature on our devices that you OVERCHARGE for!!!

VerizonWireless is overall the most expensive service out there, so we expect better support than your idiotic canned responses!

Since you continue charge this premium, we expect PREMIUM service!!!

I've seen nothing but COMPLAINTS for the FLASHBACK notifications since 2016. STILL, your current canned responses refer to it as a "newer feature". When does it stop being referred to as "new"?

1 year? - PAST DUE!

2 years? - PAST DUE!!

3 years? - PAST DUE!!!

Maybe it's 5 years?

We find such an ignorant corporate mindset supremely annoying !!!

PAY ATTENTION TO US !!!

WE ARE THE SOURCE OF YOUR PAYCHECK, so do us the courtesy and at least be truthful and transparent with us regarding our inquiries.

We should not have to "root" our devices simply to disable unwanted features such as flashbacks. Some may like it, but many others do not! GIVE US THE OPTION TO CHOOSE FOR OURSELVES!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DISABLE Unwanted Notifications such as Flashbacks !!!
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might speak for yourself, but you don't speak for me.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

They are in-app notifications.  They can be turned off by going into your phone’s Notifications setting and turning off Notifications for Cloud.

0 Likes
teligence

That also disables other notifications that I might want. That's not far from saying "If I don't want notifications, just turn my phone off"!!!

Also, I'ts disconcerting that photos that I've previously deleted come back to haunt. Whether I have notifications on or off, Don't keep content that customers delete - it is a VIOLATION of privacy and trust.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

The only Cloud notification you'd be missing out on is the cloud full message and I'm sure you'd notice that was happening long before we notify you since you seem to be a power user.  For now, disabling cloud notifications is the only way to disable the flashback notification that you are questioning.  I will forward your request to be able to disable flashbacks to the developers add this to their list of things to work on.

As for seeing previously deleted pictures in your flashback, the only way that could happen is if you didn't delete all of the copies from your cloud service.  If you delete it from the cloud service, it is deleted.  We don't keep copies.  You probably know this already but others reading this may not.   If you delete content from the phone but not the content from the cloud, the flashbacks are generated based on content in the cloud so if you don't want to keep any copy, you'll need to delete it from the cloud in addition to the phone.

0 Likes