Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Deleted cloud content
PDA04

I'm curious, now that you've deleted my cloud content with little so much as a text or email that I don't recall seeing, what do you think could possibly convince me to pay you for cloud storage going forward? Expecially when there are plenty of free options? And truthfully, after this stunt, I will happily pay ANYONE OTHER THAN VERIZON to store content valuable to me. I will use as few Verizon features as possible because clearly as a corporation you feel entitled to rearrange features with not nearly appropriate notice to loyal customers. And when it comes time to upgrade, as I'm starting over, I will more than likely choose to do it with another mobile provider.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleted cloud content
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PDA04, I am truly sorry to see that you feel that way as that is not the expectation set for you or any of our customers. We take this type of situation very seriously and you can be certain that I will bring this to the attention of our leadership. We believe that you should be able to rely on us and it's with your feedback that we use to continuously improve our services and customer experiences.

0 Likes
LEMANS242
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same thing happened to me. I asked them why they could call and text me several times from several different numbers if I'm a day late on my bill. But they couldn't call me before delete 5gb of family photos 4 to 5 years worth.  I have six lines with them. All devices were affected! I pay Verizon for a phone number, well several phone number and they couldn't even contact me on one of my phone numbers before deleting all my pictures 4 to 5 years worth of family photos. 

NanaDiane

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you!  I understand how you feel...

0 Likes
DEWDROPSOFBLISS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm currently in the same boat .I'm beside myself right now. No call, email, or ecen letter!! I called back in September when I noticed everything was wiped. The rep said they were no longer offering it for free, but I could upgrade to the 25gb plan. No problem! I do it, and she assured me everything was fine. Fastfoward to the beginning of this month, everything's gone again. I call, twice, and they can't recover it .instead of it going to archives, they stopped offering the 25gb plan, didn't notify me, and wiped EVERYTHING . My son's newborn photos, the first time I held him, him cooing, his first smiles, his birth, everything is gone. I feel like I've been robbed. I'm sick to my stomach. This isn't right, fair, or even morally okay. What you have done Verizon is ROBBED so many people of precious memories that they can never get back, just to make an additional 5 bucks . You tell them the 25gb plan is ok, everything's fine, we, I,put our trust in you, and you wipe it clean anyway!!! I can never get those photos back. I put faith in you, only to be terribly proven wrong. I'm disgusted with the company right now. Beyond furious .what you have done is unforgivable. I will never get those pictures back because Verizon wanted more money from people already spending out the end for service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LEMANS242-

As a consumer myself, I know how important it is for your photos to be saved. We have sent notifications to our customers via text and/or email regarding the new Verizon Premium service. This notification was to allow our customers to save their pictures or upgrade to the new Premium plan starting at $5.00 per month. Please respond to my private message to do everything I can to retrieve your last Cloud backup and assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LEMANS242
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a phone number no one called me.

0 Likes
JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you called Customer service to see if there's a way to retrieve your cloud content?  It could be in some kind of archive. 

0 Likes
LEMANS242
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they said they tried and it's gone. So they offered a month of service free. I flipped out and haven't heard anything back. I tried being professional about it all. But they didn't understand I pay them for a phone number they need to use it before deleting family photos.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My pictures are my memories and I know you feel the same. I would like to double check and see if all that can be done, has been done to retrieve your photos. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes