Deleting a photo from Verizon cloud
BILLVE

When I try to delete a photo on Verizon cloud, I get back this message: 

“Error. Sorry, we couldn’t find your file.  Your file may have been deleted from your Cloud using another service."

And yet, the picture they say may have been deleted is plainly visible.  What to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deleting a photo from Verizon cloud
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Is it possible that your pictures have been deleted but still remain in TRASH and are taking up the 5GB space? If you go into your Cloud Settings you can see the TRASH: https://cloud.verizonwireless.com/vzCloud/home/cloudOverview.action#settings/storage

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How are you seeing/attempting to delete it, from your phones' (what model) Verizon Cloud app?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BILLVE

Hi, and thanks for thinking about this!

From my computer.

0 Likes
BILLVE

Whoops, I am researching it on the computer, but I tried to delete it with my Samsung Galaxy 7 phone, using the Verizon Cloud v 17.5.25 app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILLVE, help is here as we always want you to have access and edit your precious memories via the Cloud. Let's work together to get this figured out. Going back to the error message, did it have any numbers with it? For example, Error 703? Please let me know. Also, have you attempted to delete any content via a different device?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILLVE

No, there was no error number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BILLVE,

Making sure we get this mystery error to go away in order to delete this picture is our goal. I appreciate the information you’ve given so far. I just want to better understand everything so we can get this accomplished. Are you receiving this error message “Error. Sorry, we couldn’t find your file. Your file may have been deleted from your Cloud using another service." when you are trying to delete this off your Verizon Cloud app on your phone or when you are doing this from a computer or both? Is the Verizon Cloud app updated on your phone? Does this error message happen when you try to delete any other picture?

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
BILLVE

To answer your questions:

1.  I received the error message while using the phone.

2.  I am using version 17.5.25 of the Verizon Cloud app.  I don't know how to tell if this is the latest.

3.  I get the error message no matter what visible picture I try to delete.  (Besides visible pictures, there are lots of empty squares where pictures I "successfully" deleted in the past used to be.  Deleting these past pictures did not affect my cloud storage usage number, though, suggesting that although I deleted them, they weren't truly deleted, as far as cloud memory was concerned.)

And one other possible clue to this mystery.  I have used all of my 5GB of free cloud storage space.  Perhaps Verizon makes it impossible for me to erase data at that point so I will have to pay for more cloud space?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Billve, Thank you for your time in providing further details on this. You are definitely using the most updated version of the Verizon Cloud. It does sound like we may need to take a few steps to ensure your Verizon Cloud is working at its best. Can you please log into the Verizon Cloud website on your computer? Are you able to see the pictures you are receiving this error on, there? If so, please see if you're able to delete the photo from there - Here's a link with more information on this step: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-126145/

Now let's look into your phone Cloud. Please try clearing the Cache from the Verizon Cloud application. Here are the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203662/. Please be sure to keep us posted.

TanishaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILLVE

I have cleared all the caches in accordance with your instructions.

I tried looking at my cloud pictures using my computer as you instructed.  When I  go to this page

https://cloud.verizonwireless.com/vzCloud/home/cloudOverview.action#photos/photos

all I can see is an ad showing a picture of a canoe and some mountains, and asking me if I want to upload pictures. 

My account still says I have used up all my 5GB of storage.

0 Likes