Desktop app for Windows can't access files in my cloud
WHERESHEWALKS

I received a message that my cloud storage was full, so I downloaded the desktop Cloud app so that I could backup my photos and videos from the cloud to my PC. My plan was to then remove all the content from my phone, and then continue to take pics as usual until my cloud storage is full again. I'm only on the free plan that has the 5GB max capacity, and I don't want to upgrade - it's another expense that I don't want right now.

I installed the desktop app on my Windows 10 system and restored/downloaded nearly all of my photos from my Verizon Cloud account. About 15 images are still in the cloud; the app gave me an error for each one that reads: "Sorry, we're not able to access this file at this time. We'll try again later." I'm not sure what the definition of "later" is in this context, but it's been over 16 hours and those leftover images in the cloud still have not been downloaded.

Is there a way to force these files to download?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Desktop app for Windows can't access files in my cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m not a fan of the vague term “ later “ either, WHERESHEWALKS. At 16 hours, I would not have faith in its completion. Based on this, I recommend uninstalling the Desktop software and then reinstalling it.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78843/
Let us know your results.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes