Exported cloud contacts to Outlook PROBLEM
In2Deep

I've exported all my contacts from the Verizon Cloud to Outlook (Office 365).  All contacts now show up in Outlook, however when I attempt to email ANYONE in this contact file the sending fails.  I get a message that says all emails are rejected from all my email accounts.   This is still my current condition.  I cannot send email to anyone from Outlook, using the contacts I imported from the Verizon cloud.  I need to fix this and hope someone can help me.  Here is what I did all day yesterday to try and help myself, and what I've learned.

1. First...I checked my gmail accounts (associated with my Outlook) that they were still working with Outlook overall.  Yes they are.

2. Next, I tried manually inputting an email address into one of the Outlook contacts -- and it did send successfully.  So, it's definitely something to do with the contact data file from the Verizon Cloud.

3. After importing my cloud contacts to Outlook, I noticed that all the email addresses I had in first email field...now show up in the 3rd email field in Outlook.  Not good.  So that led me to discover that you can "map" fields prior to the creation of the CSV file for exporting to Outlook.  So I did that.  Success getting email into the email field #1.

4. There is an "email type" field in the CSV (for Outlook) file that gets created from the Verizon Cloud while preparing to export to Outlook.  In that field it says "other".  From what I read during my searches yesterday, it's likely that whatever that email "type" data is in that excel file that gets created -- is what is short-circuiting Outlook's ability to successfully send email through my Google accounts.  I tried simply removing the content in that field -- and it didn't work (didn't solve the problem).

So -- can someone help me figure out a next step to try? Maybe how to get that email "type" data properly aligned with what Outlook uses?

thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Exported cloud contacts to Outlook PROBLEM
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help In2Deep. I know how important it is to have your email working right. I appreciate all the great troubleshooting you've done so far.

Are you attempting to send the email from your cell phone or computer when you get that error message? How did you export the contacts? What phone/device are you using?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes