HTTP Status 406 message
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I access my Cloud pictures and try to download my pictures to save onto my computer, I get a message saying "HTTP status 406-The resource identified by this request is only capablwe of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the accept headers". Is anyone else getting this message or know what it might mean?

I have contacted Verizon several times about this and they don't seem to know what the problem is.  I have had problems on and off with Cloud for months now, it seems to be one thing after another.  I can see my pictures, but I cannot download them.  Can anything be done to correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTTP Status 406 message
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon doesn't care.

My cloud has been down for over 3+ months with no idea when it will be back up

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered switching to Google Drive/photos? Or a different cloud service that isn't tied to a carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCHLLMDM, we absolutely care about you and value your business. I apologize for your trouble with the Verizon Cloud. Have you tried logging in to the Verizon Cloud from the computer? You can find more information regarding that here > http://vz.to/2cjBV7K  &  here > http://vz.to/1UwUOMO

Let us know if this works for you.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a basic phone, so I don't think I can send them to Google drive from my phone; I upload my pictures to Cloud and save them to my computer from there.  I will do some research and see about alternate ways of saving the pictures to my computer.

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I stated, I am trying to download my photos from Cloud drive to save on my computer.  I am doing this from my computer and am getting the error message I talked about in my original post.  I believe this is a problem on Verizon's end; please just focus on getting this corrected rather than meaningless words.

I realize there are technical issues from time to time, but the Cloud problems have been happening on and off for months.  Verizon needs to take care of the problems with their website.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCHLLMDM,

We absolutely are here to help with making sure you can access your pictures on the Verizon Cloud. I’m sorry that you’ve been having this trouble. Yes, with a basic phone, you wouldn’t have a way to save your pictures to Google. Please allow me to provide you with the personalized support that is needed. I’m going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather much needed details to help further. Please respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, this problem seemed to be corrected; I was able to access my Cloud.  But now, starting yesterday, I cannot upload my pictures from my phone to Cloud and can't access my Cloud content either.  He-LO, Verizon??? WHAT, if anything, is being done to correct the ongoing issues with the website?  This is getting REALLY tiresome.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is concerning to hear you are unable to upload pictures and access the Cloud content, MCHLLMDM and I’m happy to help. We appreciate your patience and I assure you we want nothing more than to improve the performance of the cloud service.

Just for clarification, are you receiving any error messages when uploading the pictures? Was the content available at any point after you successfully logged in?

SteveR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MCHLLMDM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to upload pictures and access my Cloud content yesterday, but when I tried again a little bit ago, it wasn't working again.  I am getting a message when I try to upload my pictures saying upload to V CAST Media  Manager failed, please try again.  The Cloud website simply is not loading when I try to get to it to view my content, and I tried accessing Cloud from a couple of different browsers.  This is ridiculous.  This is a problem on Verizon's end, and  I am having a hard time understanding why there are ongoing issues with Cloud and why Verizon is having such a hard time getting it corrected.

0 Likes