Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help, all of my backed up stuff from my old phone vanished from Verizon Cloud!
LAUDAL40

A little bit of backstory - I switched to Verizon from Virgin Mobile in October 2015. I traded in my old phone for store credit or something like that (I don't remember what the store deal was now) so I transferred everything from my old phone and backed it up on Verizon Cloud as well. I had the free 5GB to start out with. Fastforward, I decided to upgrade to 25GB of Cloud storage. After a while I realized it really wasn't necessary if I just cleaned out my photos since a lot were screenshots and duplicates. I got it down to a bit over 4GB of photos and such so I switched back to the free 5GB storage to save money... Doing this for some reason erased ALL that I had backed up in Cloud storage... Realizing that switching to the free 5GB of storage erased everything, I panicked and upgraded again but this time to 250GB because I figure if I'm paying for it I might as well go big or go home. No surprise, all of my stuff was still gone. I tried to contact Verizon through the live chat on Saturday, 3/18/17, was told that a ticket would be filed to recover my stuff, received a call yesterday in the middle of getting dinner saying the ticket hasn't been filed yet and that they needed more info related to my account login info before filing the ticket, nothing really seemed to change over the course of this phone call and it ended. I received another call a bit later but dismissed it because I was still in the process of getting dinner and answering my phone again when other people were around waiting would have been rude at that point, no voicemail was left so I had no callback number to reach. Has anybody else experienced this? Is there any way that I can recover everything? I didn't physically erase anything, just the act of downgrading to the free 5GB for some reason erased everything and nobody with Verizon has been able to figure out why it happened. I just want to see if there's anything that can be done asap, I don't know how long it typically takes for Verizon engineers to recover stuff, but the longer I wait the more I feel like it's a lost cause and I will no longer trust backing up anything online. I had so many baby pictures of my nieces and nephews, and baby pictures of my cat when I first got her, and just a lot of sentimental stuff that's now completely gone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help, all of my backed up stuff from my old phone vanished from Verizon Cloud!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LAUDAL40-

Oh no! That sounds absolutely frustrating. I'm so saddened to read your experience and want to do everything I can to help. I sent you a private message to your community inbox. Can you please reply there so we can provide more personalized support? Thank you so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes