Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
How can I delete old photos off my cloud?
BLUEHERON98

Hello, I have been getting a message for a long time now that my Cloud is full and it can not back up my contacts. When I look at Cloud, its full of OLD photos... I think what happened is that when I first got Cloud, it backed up everything and then became full. Every 2 months or so, I remove photos and files from my Droid Turbo and transfer them to my hard drive, so my phone now has open storage again. But, Cloud does not sync with my phone and back up whats currently on the phone, it says "I'm full of the old stuff that is already gone from your phone and I have no room".

1- How do I make it sync and back up current stuff, not hold old stuff?

2- How do I delete all the old photos from Cloud in one swoop? (I found only individual clicks, takes forever)

3- I would delete them to make room for current back up, which would be nice if my phone was lost or stolen. But, am I looking at this incorrectly, should I be considering Cloud as my storage for everything, and just keep purchasing more and more space, rather than trust an external hard drive to store my photos?

Super frustrated, constructive input welcome.

Thanks!
M.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cloud is Full (of old photos)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BLUEHERON98, having those pictures safe and secure is always a wonderful feeling. In this case, you have taken steps to ensure that they are secure in another format so let's get that space available for you once again. By following the steps at this link, you will be able to select multiple photos for delete, at the same time. http://spr.ly/65898RTxH

As to syncing the current content, in order to complete that sync you will need to take those steps to free up cloud space or purchase additional Cloud storage. Once you have ensured that the space is available again, you will see that the phone is able to complete your regular sync again.

Lastly, as I am a mother of 3 and take pictures of everything while wanting to lose nothing, I actually do both. I do back up everything to the Cloud and have opted for extra storage. Yet, I have also backed them up on my home computer. As we have lost photos, in the past, our home goes with a click and send rule. We click it and send it to our email. That way, the photos are always safe and I do not have to worry about them.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cloud is Full (of old photos)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

BLUEHERON98, having those pictures safe and secure is always a wonderful feeling. In this case, you have taken steps to ensure that they are secure in another format so let's get that space available for you once again. By following the steps at this link, you will be able to select multiple photos for delete, at the same time. http://spr.ly/65898RTxH

As to syncing the current content, in order to complete that sync you will need to take those steps to free up cloud space or purchase additional Cloud storage. Once you have ensured that the space is available again, you will see that the phone is able to complete your regular sync again.

Lastly, as I am a mother of 3 and take pictures of everything while wanting to lose nothing, I actually do both. I do back up everything to the Cloud and have opted for extra storage. Yet, I have also backed them up on my home computer. As we have lost photos, in the past, our home goes with a click and send rule. We click it and send it to our email. That way, the photos are always safe and I do not have to worry about them.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes