How can I prevent my Google Drive/G-Photos from taking up space in Verizon Cloud?
Liplo

I am getting notices that my Verizon Cloud is full.  I think it may be because I installed Google Drive/Photos.  Is there a way to keep the Google back-up out of the Verizon Cloud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I prevent my Google Drive/G-Photos from taking up space in Verizon Cloud?
mama23dogs
Legend

I Use google photo for pictures and google drive for documents.

login and manage your cloud online and exclude pictures from your backup (On your device)

I do not ever use carrier cloud because you lose access immediately if you switch carriers. 

0 Likes
Re: How can I prevent my Google Drive/G-Photos from taking up space in Verizon Cloud?
Liplo

Thank you for your quick reply. I haven't been able to figure out how to

exclude the pictures without losing the ability to sync my contacts. I

have an iMac desktop, iPad and Android phone. I use Google mostly because

it can be used on all devices but I also use Apple Photos. Your point

about switches carriers makes me think Google would be best for photos but

the contacts don't seem to sync from the Droid phone without the Verizon

Cloud. Do you have any additional advice?

Thanks again.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 3:27 PM, mama23dogs <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Use gmail as default for contacts, so I don't use Verizon cloud, or email.  My cable company and cell company offer cloud storage, which you lose immediately if you switch services.  I've switched cable/internet 3 times and cell carriers twice in the past 3 years.  If I had use the cloud available with Any of those, I would lose my contacts and photos each time.

Android phones are all Google based. If you default to google photo, gmail all your information is automatically stored and synced with your Google account crossed any device.

0 Likes