How do I control what uploads from my device to Verizon Cloud?
yotarolla73
Contributor - Level 1

I already know how to control what uploads from my mobile device to my cloud service. I'm not talking about that.

What I want to know is how do I stop uploads from my computer to the cloud? For some reason the cloud backs up whatever files it feels like from my computer and I have no way/no idea how to stop it.

I set my cloud to not back up documents or music, but every time I get a notification that my cloud is full, it's because the cloud has uploaded all my music and general documents from my CPU.

It's really annoying to have to keep deleting the same music files, pictures of album covers(which the cloud stupidly backs up separately for some unthinkable reason) and documents every time I need space on my cloud. I know Verizon needs to get people to pay for storage space, but this is asinine.

On a separate note, we should be able to adjust our session expiration time on verizon's website.....it's super annoying to be downloading files from the cloud to my external hard-drive and have to log back in every time I go back to that page. What's even more annoying is being on the page, having the session expiring countdown start, clicking the button at 50 seconds and it saying unable to stop expiring session and being logged out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I control what uploads from my CPU to Verizon Cloud?
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yotarolla73,

No reason for the app to annoy you. There are ways of changing the settings around so that you control what syncs, saving you time from deleting the same files over and over.
Here’s  a link that will assist you with backup settings:httpp:/vzz.to1X0Tp333.

Finally, I appreciate the feedback on what you are experiencing while backing up to your hard drive. I understand how important it is for you to have enough time for your back up and to keep the session from expiring. At the same time, please keep in mind that this is for security of your content.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes