Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I stop the "Verizon Cloud storage is almost full" spam?
screennameblahblahbla

About a week ago I received a text saying that my "Verizon Cloud storage is almost full".  I wasn't aware that I was even using the Verizon cloud, but sure enough, it had been backing up copies of my photos and videos.  As I am using a different service to back up my files and have no desire to switch, I opened the Verizon Cloud app and deleted all of my files from the cloud so my storage is now down to 0%.  I also changed my Verizon Cloud settings to stop backing up my photos and videos.

Even though I am now using 0% of my cloud storage, every day a little after 1:00 PM VZW sends me a new text saying my storage is almost full.  This has been going on for a week and is very annoying.  As my storage is clearly not full, and I have no desire to upgrade this service, how do I get these texts to stop?

Things I have tried that have not worked:

• I added the number these are coming from (900080004000) to my phone's contact list put it in my "Reject list", but that only blocks phone calls, not texts.
  • I tried logging into my Verizon account and adding this number to my "Block Calls & Message" list, but Verizon will not let me add that number because it is more than 10 digits.
  • I tried forwarding these messages to Verizon's spam reporting number (7726) following their instructions, but that hasn't stopped them either.

How do I get Verizon to stop spamming me?  Below are some screenshots showing that I am using 0% of my storage, and what these daily texts look like.

verizon cloud 0% used.png

Screenshot_2016-05-22-13-29-39 smaller.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How to stop "Verizon Cloud storage is almost full" spam?
screennameblahblahbla

After receiving that same text message for eight days straight it finally stopped, as I have not received another one in the last two days.  The last action I took was posting to this forum.  I don't know whether someone from support saw this posting and fixed the problem (if so, thank you), or whether those texts automatically stop on their own after eight days.  Either way the problem appears to now be fixed.

Thank you

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Screennameblahblahblah, thank you so much for reaching out to us. I'm happy to hear that you have the device being backed up. We want to make sure that you stop getting these messages everyday. Can you please confirm for me what device you currently have? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
screennameblahblahbla

After receiving that same text message for eight days straight it finally stopped, as I have not received another one in the last two days.  The last action I took was posting to this forum.  I don't know whether someone from support saw this posting and fixed the problem (if so, thank you), or whether those texts automatically stop on their own after eight days.  Either way the problem appears to now be fixed.

Thank you

0 Likes