I am beyond frustrated with the Verizon Cloud/Contacts
Copperleaf

I had my contact list in my phone pared down to 250 /- names when this week the Cloud dumped in 2500 /- names back into my phone (a very OLD list). It wiped out the 250 GOOD names I had and replaced everything with junk. Now, when I've gone in to try and fix the cloud, after deleting ALL from my phone, I've had the system shut me down mid-way through 3 x's for "session expired". I keep taking less and less at a time, but in looking at these actual contacts, I find that none of them has been updated from the 250 I had saved in my actual phone....GGGGRRRR - I'm not really looking for an answer because at this point, I have already deleted everything from my phone. I just have to accept the facts and delete everything from my "cloud" and sync the new "nothing" list back to my phone and start over. It's painful, since I had addresses, groups established, etc. I've lost all my doctor's information and much more., including all the correct phone numbers for our entire church directory - that is the most paintful of all! I can only count this as a very painful and costly error on my part with the "Cloud".

I'm not really looking for an answer - I just wanted to type out my frustration before I move on...UNLESS - someone truly has an answer for me? - I'll wait 1 day before moving on with my plan to see if anyone can help me at this late stage of the catastrophe...Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am beyond frustrated with the Verizon Cloud/Contacts
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine is doing about the same thing.  I deleted every contact off of every account and every device including Verizon Cloud and imported everything into Google.  I even deleted the Verizon Cloud account from my phone.  I cleaned up all my contacts then reactivated Verizon Cloud account.  Suddenly old garbage contacts are all back in my phone from Verizon Cloud.  I went out to Verizon Cloud and the contacts all resurrected themselves.  I deleted the account off the phone and the contacts on Verizon Cloud again.  The next day I checked and Verizon Cloud online somehow restored them AGAIN!  It's like trying to get rid of cockroaches using hairspray.  The contact info is old and when they auto-sync to my phone it scrambles all of the Google contacts somehow un-merging the merged contact data that Google has.  Between Google's extremely poor job of "merging" contact information and Verizon Cloud turning my old contacts into zombies, I give up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottPreston-

I know that I rely on my contacts list for a plethora of reasons. I'm sure this has to be extremely frustrating. I absolutely want to get to the bottom of this right away to ensure that we turn things around. How long has this been going on? What make/model phone are you using? You mentioned that you deleted the account off of your phone to clean up your contacts, did you do that on the phone itself or online through your My Verizon account?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

AmberK_VZW-

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note7.  I deleted the Cloud account from the phone in Android Settings / Accounts.  I then went into Cloud Contacts on the Verizon website and deleted all of the contacts.  I went back into the phone and opened the Verizon Cloud app and it and walked through the setup process.  The old contacts added themselves back to the phone.  Typing that out just gave me an idea.  Does the Verizon Cloud app keep it's own cached data that may have acted as a buffer for the garbage data?  Even though I deleted the source and the destination I wonder if it's not the intermediary culprit.

0 Likes
ScottPreston
Enthusiast - Level 3

AmberK_VZW-

Scratch that thought.  I just tried and that is not the case.  Cloud is clearly saving contact information somewhere else other than the cloud that it is restoring to the phone.  I cleared the cache and deleted the data.  I then disabled the Cloud app.  I disabled wi-fi then enabled the app and installed the latest version.  I set everything up and checked the contacts.  Everything was good so far.  As soon as I started the backup process, I opened the Contacts app and it was importing the old garbage contacts AGAIN.  I immediately disabled the Cloud app then opened Contacts to assess the damage.  I selected to display "Phone" contacts only in the settings then deleted the resulting dataset.  Once again several of my Google contacts are unmerged.  Ugh!

0 Likes