I have to pay for Verizon Cloud?
TOMWILLY2010

an agent of Verizon told me I have to pay for verizion cloud. how do I backup contacts automatically on gmail

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have to pay for Verizon Cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMWILLY2010, backing up your contacts is vital. jav6 is correct. We would never charge you to backup your contacts on the Verizon Cloud. If you wish to backup your photos and videos then you would have to pay for a premium subscription. Check out the Verizon Cloud FAQs. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ If you preffer to use your Gmail account to back up your contacts, please follow these steps.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Accounts.
  2. Tap Google.
  3. Tap the account name (email address).
  4. Tap the appropriate data sync options (e.g., Contacts, Gmail, etc.) to turn on or off .
  5. To perform a manual sync: Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).

If you run into any issues, please let us know.

-Jacob_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tomwilly2010, being able to backup your content on your cell phone is very important. The Verizon Cloud is a premium media storage service. You can get 500GB of storage for $5 per month. Or you can get 1TB of storage for $9.99 per month http://spr.ly/6587DWYeF.

To make sure we provide you with the best option to back up your device, can you please provide me with the make and model of the phone that you're currently using?

Kevin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Contacts can be stored in the Verizon Cloud service for no charge.  You only need to pay for Verizon Cloud service if you want to store documents, pictures and files.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMWILLY2010, backing up your contacts is vital. jav6 is correct. We would never charge you to backup your contacts on the Verizon Cloud. If you wish to backup your photos and videos then you would have to pay for a premium subscription. Check out the Verizon Cloud FAQs. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ If you preffer to use your Gmail account to back up your contacts, please follow these steps.

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings > Accounts.
  2. Tap Google.
  3. Tap the account name (email address).
  4. Tap the appropriate data sync options (e.g., Contacts, Gmail, etc.) to turn on or off .
  5. To perform a manual sync: Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).

If you run into any issues, please let us know.

-Jacob_VZW

0 Likes
TOMWILLY2010

everyone I talked to at verizon told me I had to pay for cloud to back up contacts I just installed the cloud app on my android and it says I have contacts backed up now. However I though I had contacts backed up Friday night so I had verizon teck assistance help me reset my phone. It automatically reloaded contacts but only email contacts no phone numbers. More help from Verizon teck  cannot find those contact numbers. I have added all the numbers I could find. That seems to be the best I can do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is correct, TOMWILLY2010. You would have to pay for the Verizon cloud to back up other information from your phone. With regard to the contacts we do offer the basic back of your contacts for free now. You mentioned the emailed contacts came back but not the numbers that were saved. To clarify, do you have the Verizon cloud added to your phone applications? 

Jasper_VZW

0 Likes