I made changes to my contact list on cloud online, why wont it sync to my phone?
SuperDave78
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i made alot of changes to many contacts on my list in the cloud on my pc. A few days later i noticed those changes didnt reflect on my phone, so i logged back into the cloud on my computer again, and all the changes i made were gone and reverted to what they were before, as if i never made them. so i found a button for "sync contacts" so i made all the changes AGAIN and this time i hit sync contacts. a window popped up saying "sync initiated with device" and then moments later another window popped up saying "sync completed" but then i look at my phone and a cloud icon was in the notification bar saying contact back up failed due to network. i tried it at least a half dozen times both on wifi and off wifi/on mobile network and i kept getting the same fail message!! help please! LG G4, android lollipop 5.1 , fyi.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I made changes to my contact list on cloud online, why wont it sync to my phone?
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Try making the changes on the website and then doing a backup from the phone to see if that will pull them down.  If you get the backup success message, then they should be on your phone.  I sometimes have to hit that website sync button a couple times to get them sent to the phone but whenever I did it from the phone and got the success message there they came down ok.

View solution in original post

Re: I made changes to my contact list on cloud online, why wont it sync to my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SuperDave78,  making sure all your contacts are synced correctly is very important to be able to see them on your phone like on your cloud online. Thanks for the information you’ve provided and let me help get to the bottom of the issues.  Do you have your contacts synced to a Gmail account? Have you tried checking the settings online to see if they are matching the cloud with your device? Please sign into your account at My Verizon, click on Manage my device , then on manage my contacts. From here you can Setup or sync your Backup Assistant contacts to the cloud. You will have the option to add in contacts from other email accounts. When it gives you the option, click that you are done setting up. Post back with the results of trying these steps.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

Try making the changes on the website and then doing a backup from the phone to see if that will pull them down.  If you get the backup success message, then they should be on your phone.  I sometimes have to hit that website sync button a couple times to get them sent to the phone but whenever I did it from the phone and got the success message there they came down ok.