I've attempted to download the Desktop App, now what?
John_L_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've downloaded the Desktop App from here:

Verizon Cloud Desktop Apps

and double-clicking the desktop shortcut opens the Verizon Cloud Sync folder under my Windows userid folder.

What is the next step in using the Desktop App?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I've attempted to download the Desktop App, now what?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're help to help John_L. With the Verizon Cloud desktop you can only view the contacts on your computer. You will not be able to transfer them onto the computer.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_L_
Enthusiast - Level 2

By way of further information, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, and a LG Lucid VS840 with Android 4.0.4.

I've powered off both devices, cabled them together, powered on the PC, then powered on the smartphone.

The phone does not appear as a device in My Computer. However, the battery is charging through the USB port.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_L.,

We want to make sure you have the power to fully utilize the cloud! That's very important. What are you trying to use the desktop app to do? We're glad to help.

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

John_L_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Retrieve contacts from the cloud to my PC. Seems a simple enough task for a knowledgeable user.

At the risk of being a [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] , you avoided my question. "What's the next step in using the Desktop App?"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're help to help John_L. With the Verizon Cloud desktop you can only view the contacts on your computer. You will not be able to transfer them onto the computer.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes