Import of contacts is incomplete
jessicafm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to import a vcf file into the Contacts section of my Verizon Cloud (using the desktop version of the website at verizonwireless.com). But the import always comes out incomplete. I've tried it again and again, and it's incomplete every time.

The vcf file was created using the stock Contacts app on my Samsung Galaxy S5. When I click on import and select the file, it asks me if I want to import 502 contacts. I confirm, and then it begins importing. But it never imports all the information. First, it never gets all 502 contacts; sometimes it only imports 102, sometimes 253, and once it imported over 300, but never all 502. Second, many of the contacts are missing information, including phone numbers.

What is going on? It seems like a simple import using the website should work!

(Please don't tell me to use Backup Assistant, because that process is highly flawed. For one thing, it creates duplicate and triplicate contacts on my phone so that I have to scroll through dozens of "Amy" contacts instead of just four.)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Import of contacts is incomplete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that we get this situation resolved so you can have those contacts for future devices. Just to be sure, are you performing the steps outlined here when backing up contacts: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123991/?cmp=COMM_RELCON ?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jessicafm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, those are exactly the steps I am following. I get a message saying 502 contacts will be imported, but then between only 100 and 350 are imported.

0 Likes
jessicafm
Enthusiast - Level 2

And some of the phone numbers are missing. For example, my husband's work phone was imported, but not his cell phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered backing up your contacts via your Google account?

jessicafm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have done that, and the Google backup is much more reliable than the Verizon backup.

However, the reason this issue has come up is that on my home computer, I am using the desktop version of the Verizon messaging app. I would like it to show my contacts instead of just displaying phone numbers, and the only way to do that is to have the contacts exist in my Verizon Cloud.

This would be fine if the Verizon Cloud contacts backup actually worked. But when I use the Verizon Cloud app on my phone to backup my contacts, not only does it not backup all 500 contacts, but it actually DELETES 200 contacts on my phone! Pretty much the opposite of what a backup is supposed to be. This same thing was happening a couple of years ago when I migrated to a new phone. Luckily I had already exported my contacts to a vcf file and was able to rescue them.

So, since Verizon's own contacts backup process is a total failure, I'm trying to export the contacts on my phone to a vcf file and then import that file to Verizon Cloud. But maybe this is a fool's errand...

0 Likes