Is it possible to exclude directories from cloud backup?
oiler_no11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have asked this question before, but I did not get an answer and my discussion was locked.

Is there any way to exclude certain directories from backup to the Verizon Cloud service?

I have certain folders of images that I don't want to be backed up.  How can I control this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Excluding directories from cloud backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help you with that answer. The options in the cloud application don't offer this as an option. You may be able to "hide" a folder depending on the model device that you have. This may work. Otherwise, I recommend moving them off of the device to computer. Another is to make it so that it only updates when on wifi and have those images saved on a memory card. When you are read yo sync, simply remove the card beforehand. I hope this helps.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help you with that answer. The options in the cloud application don't offer this as an option. You may be able to "hide" a folder depending on the model device that you have. This may work. Otherwise, I recommend moving them off of the device to computer. Another is to make it so that it only updates when on wifi and have those images saved on a memory card. When you are read yo sync, simply remove the card beforehand. I hope this helps.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oiler_no11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for answering my question directly. 

I looked into various options for hiding folders on Android, but concluded that there really is no good alternative for this functionality.  Any third party method of hiding folders makes it difficult to view the pictures on your phone unless you "unhide" the folder first.  And if you forget to "rehide" the folder, it gets backed up and the cloud access utility provides no easy way of deleting pictures in a specific folder. 

The ability to exclude a directory from backup and the ability to delete files in a specific folder on the cloud would be great enhancements to this product.

0 Likes