Isn't The Cloud separate from my phone?
RUMBLEZILLA

Isn't Verizon Cloud a back up for content like pictures etc. kept in The Cloud for me to access my stuff, incase something happens on my phone; Like a back up disk?

The reason I ask is after warning messages that The Cloud was about to remove my account, they not only removed my account, they deleted every thing from my cell phone!

Don't we own our pictures?

The Cloud takes our stuff even when we have not asked them to.

If we Choose to save something there, does anyone think The Cloud now controls that content and can remove it from your cell phone?

No one told me the pictures etc were not actually in my cell phone.

Now I find out that seeing my albums etc. right here on my cell, does not mean they are there, and safe as long as I can see them.

No one told me they are not separate. My phone here, The Cloud there!

I was shocked yesterday when I opened my Gallery to show my son a picture. EMPTY!!

Everything but the few picks I had just taken of him were gone.

I was warned The Cloud was deleting my account and to back up my stuff. I thought because they would no longer be holding a copy for me.

Those pictures were never given to The Cloud!

Never gave up ownership.

Never knew The Cloud could get into my phone to delete anything.

Is there any way to get my pictures put back on my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Isn't The Cloud separate from my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUMBLEZILLA, 

We can only imagine how it feels to see that your pictures are no longer on your phone. The Verizon Cloud storage is separate from your device's storage and it does not have the ability to delete actual files stored on your phone's internal storage drive. The Verizon Cloud app displays content that's stored in the cloud and provides the ability to restore content to your phone or for you to download them to a specific location on the phone. What model device do you have? Were the pictures you're missing downloaded to your phone or were you viewing them from the Verizon Cloud app?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RUMBLEZILLA

SAMSUNG -SM-GP55U

I do not know how to answer the question. As far as I know/knew all pictures were taken with camera on the phone I lost on Sept. 2nd 2017, or taken by camera on this phone. Some pictures were sent via text by some of my children. I really do not know about viewing pictures from the Verizon Cloud app. I have not opened an app called Verizon Cloud. I just click on the Gallery icon on my phone.

I hope tiis is the information you asked for.

Thank you for taking this on.

My name is <<removed>><<removed>> is my boyfriend. He bought this phone for me a grip of years ago. He said at the time the reason the number is restricted was Verizon did not allow 2 numbers to be listed to one name. I was not there it was a gift. We are still together 17 years. We both would like to put the phone in my name as I am the only one who uses it. But that is another issue, for another conversation.

<< Full name removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUMBLEZILLA, 

Thank you for these additional details. From the information that you’ve provided, it sounds like you were using the Cloud to backup your device; however when your phone was lost in September, the content was no longer on the device and only in the Cloud – except for the new photos your were taking on your new/replacement phone.

Earlier you mentioned that there were a few recent pictures that were still saved on your phone. Were these the pictures that were actually taken from your current device? Do you recall how long ago the Cloud feature was removed from your account? If it’s within 30-days, the content would still be an archived state which gives us an option to restore; however after the 30-days the content is no longer available.

We want to ensure that you have the freedom to manage the account as you see fit. If the current account owner would like to transfer the account into your name, then this is definitely something that can be done. We call this a “Transfer of Service”. You can learn more about it at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RUMBLEZILLA

Hi it was deleted on Feb. 2nd. Or that was the date the notice gave me. The pictures that are still in my phone were all taken this year.Can John and I contact you when we are ready to do the transfer? 

He will continue to pay our bills together.It would be nice to have my number in my name.Thank you so much for your time and help.Shari 

Shari aka =_=               CatZilla

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rumblezilla We will be here when you are ready to continue. However, this site is a peer to peer forum and we might not see it right away. Please contact us using any forum included in this link: http://vz.to/2veRaqQ

DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ImAVerizonMom

I am getting the message that my Verizon Cloud is full but cannot find any way to go in and delete or move stuff I might want to keep somewhere else and stuff is going to be deleted! What gives with that? Especially since I cannot find any way after signing into my account, to access this supposedly overstuffed storage place!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ImAVerizonMom, it's essential that we work together to save your content. Here is a great place to start. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/ How are you getting this message? Does it have any links to follow? Have you downloaded the Verizon Cloud application on your phone?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

To see what is in the cloud, you can either open the Cloud app on your phone or go to https://cloud.verizonwireless.com and sign in with your mobile number (not VZW userid) and its MyVerizon password (that’s the password you use when you log into www.verizonwireless.com with  your mobile number to check your wireless account).

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You can sign in with your VZW userid as long as it is associated with the phone number which has the Cloud feature.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes