Lost Cloud Data
hquinlan11

I recently lost the cloud plan I was signed up for. So, I upgraded to get it back, but have bow lost all of what I had previously backed up in the cloud. How do I restore this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost Cloud Data
richs007
Verizon Employee

Once cloud service is removed from a phone number for any reason, it is archived (put into 'cold storage') for 30 days and can only be restored by the support team.

Contact support to have them check if an archive exists (very likely if the cloud service was removed from your phone number in the last 30 days) and ask them to restore it for you if one exists.   You can also try emailing the development team at VerizonCloud@VerizonWireless.com with the phone number that had the cloud service removed from.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The instructions in the cloud expiration email indicated you needed to download your content prior to the expiration date. Otherwise the content is gone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi !

I know your pictures are important and I'm here to help. It is unfortunate that you were unable to take action before the content was removed. However, if this occurred within the last 30 days, I can certainly assist with restoring the content. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVSAV87

I too lost several photos in the last few days and know nothing about cloud services "expiring". Please advise. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! We want to make sure that you have all of your content backed up, Davsav87. Have you tried to look into your Verizon Cloud online through a computer? Your content may have been added to the trash-can and you can attempt to restore it if it has been.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless is making its cloud service a "pay for" option. Up until now, users were given 5GB of free space to store contacts, pictures, videos and so forth.

That is now gone.

Going forward, users will be able to backup their contacts for free. Anything else will require the aforementioned subscription.

There are third party cloud service providers out there, so, anyone looking to steer clear of the surcharge might want to consider moving content to Apple, Microsoft, Google and others.

These companies still offer a base amount of free storage with the option to buy more as needs warrant.

JOHHOM0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its not there either unfortunately

On Nov 12, 2017 4:53 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
JOHHOM0
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't the email isn't valid

0 Likes
Gibbler75

I never received an email about the cloud changing. I just logged on and noticed nothing was there. I'm very upset about this. Have I really lost all my important photos and documents?

0 Likes