Lost Verizon Cloud Photos After Free App Upgraded
jtomm18

Hello, I know this happened awhile ago but i am looking for help... back in like maybe January, the verizon cloud I was using for all my back ups no longer functioned and I had to upgrade to a paid cloud. After I did that, the only photos that were on the cloud were the ones currently on my phone. The photos in my old cloud were no longer there. Can someone please help me? I understand its been more than 30 days but perhaps the photos are still archived somewhere? I mean nothing ever really disappears does it?

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lost Verizon Cloud Photos After Free App Upgraded
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jtomm18,

I'm sorry to read that your pictures haven't been able to be recovered. I've lost pictures before & it's never a good feeling. We did retire the option to backup pictures/videos & document content for free. The free version of the Verizon Cloud will backup contacts only. You are correct, after 30 days from non-premium subscription, the media content is erased from the Verizon Cloud storage. Allow me to gather some information from you so we can possibly come to an understanding. How did you go about upgrading to the premium Verizon Cloud version? About when did you realize that your previous media Verizon Cloud content wasn't in the Verizon Cloud? Do you have the most updated version of the Verizon Cloud?

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtomm18

Thank you for replying! I upgraded when the free app basically said "no more room for storage, upgrade and pay for more". So I did. It was maybe weeks later I went back thru the new cloud and realized old photos were no longer there. And yes I have the newest cloud app

Joe

0 Likes
Nonie246
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  The salesperson transferred my photos from my droid maxx to my samsung 9. They were there for a few days and then disappeared.  Don't know if this is the place to ask.  Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nonie246,

I know firsthand how upsetting it is to lose precious pictures. I'm sorry that for some reason your pictures have disappeared. Allow me to help uncover what has happened & see if there is a way to recover them. At the time you restored your pictures in the Verizon Cloud onto your new phone, did you already have the premium version? Do you still have the premium Verizon Cloud feature? When you look at your Verizon Cloud account via your online My Verizon account, do you see the pictures there? About how long ago did you purchase your Note 9?

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Please contact support directly so they can look up the specifics of your account to better understand what happened when in your situation.  To do that they will need your mobile number.  You obviously shouldn't be sharing that information in a public forum like this.  I realize it is a pain to have to call support sometimes but that's the best way to get more personalized service.

The only way content that used to be in your cloud isn't there after the upgrade is if the free service was removed before you upgraded.  Once the free service is removed from a mobile number, it is put in archived storage.  If you then create a new cloud profile while it is in archived storage, then only the content on your phone would be backed up.  If this is the case and it's been less than 30 days, then support can restore the archived content for you.

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi Nonie246​,

It's hard to tell from your question what actually happened.  If the sales person backed up the content from the maxx to the verizon cloud and then restored them to your samsung, they should still be in your cloud to pull down to the samsung again.

If they only copied it from the maxx to the samsung and for some reason they were deleted from the samsung but not backed up to a backup service like Verizon Cloud or Google photos, then there isn't anything they could do.

The devil's in the details. 

0 Likes