Mass download zip file "invalid" for all decompression programs.
STANDINGBY16

Mass download zip file "invalid" for all decompression programs. How can I do a mass download? I've selected all photos, and the download occurred for my (nearly 1400) pictures. When I attempt to decompress them, I always get the same error "file invalid" whether I use WINZIP or WINRaR. How can I get my pictures?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mass download zip file "invalid" for all decompression programs.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would (and have) done the download in smaller chunks of 200-300 photos at a time.  It will still create a zip file, but it will be more manageable.  And six or seven downloads with a couple hundred photos is also manageable.  I believe you can select the first, then hold the Shift key and use the arrow keys to select multiple photos.  And I try to group them so the break points are easy to remember - specific events, or date ranges...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STANDINGBY16,pictures are precious memories to be saved. Let's get your pictures transferred. What are your transferring your pictures from and to? How did you do the mass download?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STANDINGBY16

Joel

I’m attempting to transfer from the cloud to my laptop (WIN 8.1).

I clicked on the pictures-only, hit “select all”, and then hit the download button. 4.7gigs later, there was a zip file.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Standingby16, I understand wanting to save your pictures to your computer. In order to complete this process, you will want to click on the boxes for your pictures, then click download one at a time. This will save them to your laptop. Please let me know if you were able to download them.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
STANDINGBY16

Katrina

Clicking on almost 1400 pictures is not very practical. Is there no way to do a mass download?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would (and have) done the download in smaller chunks of 200-300 photos at a time.  It will still create a zip file, but it will be more manageable.  And six or seven downloads with a couple hundred photos is also manageable.  I believe you can select the first, then hold the Shift key and use the arrow keys to select multiple photos.  And I try to group them so the break points are easy to remember - specific events, or date ranges...

0 Likes
dopauls

I am having the same problem.  I have tried 2-3 photos, I have tried single photos, I have tried multiple photos.  I always get the same invalid Zip file problem.  The zip file always appears empty.  Trying to go from Verizon Cloud to my up to date PC.  Is this a chrome issue?

0 Likes