Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moving the Verizon Cloud folder in the Windows App (Verizon gimping the 600GB plan)
AlwaysForward

I've come across a very frustrating limitation to the 600GB plan

1) I am trying to move the location of the Verizon Cloud folder from my c: drive like here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-128704/

The issue is, they have this function locked behind the sync option.  In other words, unlike every other cloud service out there (including the free ones), you cant sync web, mobile, PC unless you pay for a higher tier plan.

So since I cannot add the PC to the client, I don't have the option to move the folder according to the procedure.  

When I chatted with support, they suggested the location move option which is not available is the C:\Users so you're stuck with 600GB taking up your C: drive.

Has anyone found a way around this?  I think its awful because I pay for this as part of my plan.  This is an awful (and deceptive) business practice.  It's silly as well, the data is already on their servers, there is no additional cost to them.  Add to it, every time I fire up the client, it pushes me to upgrade ...every ...single ...time.  

0 Likes
Re: Moving the Verizon Cloud folder in the Windows App (Verizon gimping the 600GB plan)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good afternoon, AlwaysForward! What plan are you currently on?-Marshall

0 Likes
Re: Moving the Verizon Cloud folder in the Windows App (Verizon gimping the 600GB plan)
AlwaysForward

Hi there, I am using the 600GB plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

What happens when you attempt to move the file?

*Breanna

0 Likes
AlwaysForward

Sorry, attempt to move which file?  If you read the FAQ I linked, that option is not available because the PC is not able to be managed but the Verizon Cloud Windows App.  

While signed into the Verizon Cloud desktop app, click the Cloud icon in the system tray (lower-right).
Verizon Cloud icon in the toolbar
Select the Menu icon Menu icon then click Settings .
Click My Devices .
Select the Dropdown icon Dropdown icon to the right of the current computer's name then click Change folders .
Select (check) the desired folder(s) then click Save

Which you cannot do because:

• The ability to sync from your desktop is only available with the Verizon Cloud 2 TB or Unlimited storage plans. Refer to Upgrade Online Storage for assistance with changing your storage plan.

So its multiple oversights. 

1) Gimping a paid service to not sync with other devices (unlike literally every other cloud service(

2) Because of this, you cannot move the C:drive location because to see the dropdown option, the local windows PC not only needs the Verizon App client but it needs to be added as a managed device.  

3) Every time I open the Verizon App client, it nags me to add my maching and then puts a big ad in the middle of the screen for me to upgrade.  

Absolutely awful.  

0 Likes