My Contacts stored in the Cloud are all duplicated. How can I fix that?
jbacinti

Somehow, my Contacts on my iPhone got sent to the Cloud either twice or otherwise are all there in duplicate.  How can I fix that?  Can I delete them all and then send them out to the cloud from my iPhone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Contacts stored in the Cloud are all duplicated. How can I fix that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great news jbacinti! since the contacts are on Verizon Cloud, we are one step closer to the resolution. The most efficient way to eliminate the duplicate contacts is to first delete the duplicate on Verizon Cloud from the website on a computer. Once this is done then delete the duplicates from the phone and perform a sync. Just to confirm, have you ever used any 3rd party contact archival app other than Verizon Cloud and iCloud?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Backing up your contacts and keeping them stored in a safe place is always a good idea jbacinti. However, I know having duplicates can be annoying. Deleting all and backing them up would be the best option. Just to clarify, this is Verizon cloud? The best way to remove the duplicates would be to log into Verizon cloud  from a computer http://bit.ly/OwsVcd in order to clean up the list.
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbacinti

I just discovedred that not only are the contacts duplicated in the cloud, they are also duplicated on my iPhone.  Now what do I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help you reduce your contacts down to just one set. Are you using the Verizon Cloud or Apple’s iCloud for your contacts?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbacinti

Verizon Cloud

John Augustin from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great news jbacinti! since the contacts are on Verizon Cloud, we are one step closer to the resolution. The most efficient way to eliminate the duplicate contacts is to first delete the duplicate on Verizon Cloud from the website on a computer. Once this is done then delete the duplicates from the phone and perform a sync. Just to confirm, have you ever used any 3rd party contact archival app other than Verizon Cloud and iCloud?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
jbacinti

I deleted all the contacts in the Verizon Cloud.  When I tried to delete the duplicates on the iPhone, I got them all marked with a check but then there was nothing else I could do.  There was no Delete option, nothing other than cancel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jbacinti,

We do apporeciate all the work you have done so far. We are not giving up! Are the duplicates just showing in the Cloud app or are they duplicated in your contact list on your iPhone?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbacinti

Only duplicated on the Cloud.

John Augustin from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbacinti, let's continue working on getting these duplicates corrected. Just to clarify, you deleted all the contacts from the Verizon Cloud, have you gone to iCloud.com, log in with your Apple ID and confirm if there's any duplicates there?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes