New phone incompatible with Verizon Cloud??
_Bama

Since my new unlocked Moto G4 is incompatible with Verizon Cloud, how can I get my cloud contacts onto my phone?? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New phone incompatible with Verizon Cloud??
mama23dogs
Legend

The app is not available for the G4?

Do you still have your previous working phone?  You can back up to Gmail 

Another option is to access on a computer and then merge or export to Gmail. 

This brings up a pet peeve, private cloud service.  I switched between ATT and Verizon.  Fortunately also between Samsung phones to smart switch did the job.  But I lost everything in the private carrier cloud. 

So now I use google photo and Gmail.  Never use any carrier specific services.,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The app is not available for the G4?

Do you still have your previous working phone?  You can back up to Gmail 

Another option is to access on a computer and then merge or export to Gmail. 

This brings up a pet peeve, private cloud service.  I switched between ATT and Verizon.  Fortunately also between Samsung phones to smart switch did the job.  But I lost everything in the private carrier cloud. 

So now I use google photo and Gmail.  Never use any carrier specific services.,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

'Bama, we definitely want to make the switching process as easy as possible for you. Those contacts are important to have on your new phone. Can you tell us what the make/model of your old phone is? Were you using any other backup services besides Verizon Cloud?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
_Bama

My previous phone (Samsung S4) died, so I pulled the sim card out of that phone and put it in the new Moto G4 (open source phone). No luck in accessing the data that way. Had Verizon Cloud backup for old phone only and sales clerk @ Verizon store tried 2-3 different apps to convert contacts with no luck. Any other ideas out there?? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Export the contacts out of the Verizon Cloud and import them into your Google account. Much simpler and much easier to switch between multiple devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

We're going in circles.  Export from Verizon cloud to Gmail/google. 

You may have an easier time doing this on a computer.  Once done, please make sure your new phone is set to back up to your google account.  (Settings, backup and reset).

I have my android phones all backup and sync with google.  It makes switching phones a snap.  I switched everything to a new phone yesterday in less than an hour.

Photos are backed up to google photo

Doncuments to google drive.

all apps are linked to your google play account.

so simple.

0 Likes