Re: No access to verizon cloud
MRIDE214
Enthusiast - Level 3

nothing for me on either the website or the app.  Still.

0 Likes
MRIDE214
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
SEAKIN26
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cloud service has been down over a week. Just found this thread and seems like it is still an ongoing issue. I thought it was my S5 getting old yet that doesn't seem to be the case now that I have read this thread. I suppose I'll start the process of calling them over and over. Anyone else have any updates?

0 Likes
CHOOCHOO844

I thought it was just me. Verizon deactivated my phone instead of my tablet. Well now my whole cloud is gone! The numerous people I spoke to said that is why it isn't there anymore, because of the deactivation. Now I wonder if there is a deeper problem....

0 Likes
BDAV65
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have probably read what others are saying on the forums already. I have experienced the same problems after receiving a replacement phone at the beginning of February. Initially, I had no access to the cloud...contacts or media.  I called Verizon and was told the same story others have shared that it was a server issue that would be resolved on Feb 9. The short story is that it is still unresolved. I did gain access to my contacts in mid February. The pictures and media are not accessible. I occasionally (when I don' t get one of various error messages) can see that I have used space where my pictures should be. I am hopeful that is an indication that my pictures are not gone forever despite not being able to access them.

I have called Verizon several times. I spent nearly two hours on one phone call, I followed all their instructions even though they seemed unlikely to work. In my case, it has always been turned into a phone issue, but my lack of cloud access extends across devices. I have tried phone, tablets, and several computers with the same result. The frustration for those of us with this problem is the lack of any acknowledgement by Verizon that it is an ongoing issue. I have no updates despite my phone calls/email..... at this point I realize my frustration is at an unhealthy level. I am not sure if I will call again. The technicians in my experience are polite, but apparently uninformed about any ongoing cloud issues. I generally get the the standard instructions on how to clear the cache, reinstall the app....etc. They want to help, but I think it is unlikely the issue is with the phone. I was passed through a couple times to the next level, but my experience has been no different. I even tried emailing one of the "managers" who left me their email address on a voice mail, but I have yet to receive a response and that was at least two weeks ago.

I am guessing Verizon is either ignoring the issue, doesn't know how to fix it,  or perhaps not enough people have complained to make it a priority. It is poor customer service at the very least especially for those of us who have been loyal customers. 

Hopefully it works out better for you. Perhaps someone will share some good news.

cflutist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine started to work again a week ago, but started acting up again yesterday.  Could not delete pictures from the cloud using the app, got "cannot connect to the cloud at this time". Could delete photos by logging into My Verizon on my computer though. Called Verizon on an unrelated issue today and talked to tech support. Found out that DC9 server was rebuilt, but that they are still working on DC8. Also found out that their cloud software is actually a vendor package developed in Great Britain.  Well that could explain it, not developed or supported inhouse, at the mercy of the vendor. I retired as VP Software Engineering  for a Fortune 50 company and can tell you that in my 32 years in the industry, I have never seen a fiasco such as this. Good luck to all of us.

Synchronoss.com

ADABOR68

My cloud was also working about a week ago. I was able to upload new photos and was able to see and download old photos and movies. As of a couple days ago I'm back to the can't connect to the cloud message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your memories are safe, JRW1132.  Do you have any updates to apply to your applications? Is anyone else on the account having this issue as well?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing your information and saved pictures would be heartbreaking for me. I know those are moments that are special as well. Did you have a backup stored anywhere else that you know of?

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cflutist
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, backed up my phone's files on our NAS in a RAID configuration at home when these cloud problems started on January26th for us. Didn't trust you guys. Here it is the middle of March and it still isn't resolved for everyone.  Shameful on your part.