Re: verizon cloud
Gina1974

The Verizon help page SAYS you can access your account even if you switch to another carrier. But I cant figure out how

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

To do that, the cloud account needed to be prepared before leaving by updating your cloud profile with a verified email address (this is different from the email address we may have on you for other communications) so that we could contact you after leaving with specific instructions on how to recover the account.  Since you're posting, my guess is you didn't do that.  Unfortunately, the only way to do it now would be to temporarily bring the number back to verizon, have the customer service team restore your archived content, add the email address to your cloud account and switch back to your new carrier.  I know this is a real pain for you.  It's the only way that we can confirm you are the actual owner of the content.  You can contact the cloud developers at verizoncloud @verizonwireless.com for more assistance.  Normal customer service teams cannot assist with cloud related issues after you switch carriers.

Here's some more details on the process:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219666/

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Can you provide a link to this help document? 

FAQs on Verizon Cloud. 

Try login here: Verizon Cloud 

This is what user agreement states:

---------

If you decide to cancel Verizon Cloud, you will no longer have access to the service, including most of the content and files you have stored. If you decide to subscribe again within 30 days of canceling, you can you can restore your old content by calling us. After 30 days, your content will be permanently deleted.

---------

0 Likes
richs007
Verizon Employee

Hi @tbint62 

I don't know what help document you are referring to.  The one that I put in my response to @Gina1974  is where I pulled from.

The user agreement quotation refers to Canceling Verizon Cloud service and not cancelling Verizon Wireless service.  I recognize it sounds like semantics and might be implied in canceling Wireless service but in order to actually access the cloud content one needs to have an active cloud account.  

In the case of Wireless customers cancelling the cloud service it is relative painless because the association between the Verizon Wireless mobile  number and the cloud account remains intact so its simply calling customer service to put the cloud service back onto the active Verizon Wireless mobile number and having customer service put the archived content back onto the mobile number.

Wireless disconnects is a little different because we don't have an active Verizon Wireless mobile number to restore the content to.  That is why we added the email address to the cloud profile a couple years ago.  Part of adding that email address includes creating a userid/password combination.  When service is disconnected and that email address is in the profile, we will send an email with instructions to reactivate the service using that userid/password you created.  The old MyVerizon userid/password will no longer work for any Verizon Service other than bill reviews after the wireless service is disconnected.

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

The Verizon help page Gina posted about.

0 Likes